1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

J C Tretter

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dart, Feb 18, 2013.

1. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    at OG 6-4 #305

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130217/SPORTS/130219291/1004

STRENGTHS: Possesses an athletic frame with room for additional muscle mass. Quick off the snap, demonstrating light feet with lateral agility and balance. Shoots his hands into the chest of his opponent and flashes some nastiness to knock defenders to the ground when he senses them off-balance. Shows surprising football intelligence considering his lack of experience. Recognizes blitzes and adjusts to stunts well, showing the ability to slide off of double-teams and take on the defender looping around. Takes the game seriously, showing the attention to detail to improve. An ascending talent who is just scratching the surface of his potential
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    I've been eyeballing him for a while now. He'll be on my pet cat list. C/G type we could use here.

Good digging.
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,448 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Interesting guy I think he will be at the combine, he might be a 4th-5th rounder.

On my watch list too.

Edit:LOL just read the article where they said he was a 4th-5th rounder, I just went with what I was thinking at this time.

Also you might look at Reid Fragel, he is another one who might be a pretty good comparison.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Just wish I could be confident that our ANY O LINE PICK DRAFTED AFTER THE SECOND ROUND BUSTS curse was gone.
  5. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I dunno, a 4th might be too high for him considering the level of competition and the fact that he's relatively new to the position. I think he'll need a couple of seasons before he sees the field. Time to learn the position and although he's 300lb, I think he'll need a couple of seasons to be able to maintain that weight.

I'd feel much more comfortable taking him in the 6th round range cause I think with all his upside, he's still a major project.