1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

J.J. Watt, who is a potential top 10 pick.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 7, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=6300367

The little boy opened the front door and stared, both wide-eyed and dumbfounded, at the silent giant standing before him. The child was so stunned by the man's presence that he whirled toward his mother behind him and asked a simple question.

"Why is J.J. Watt here?" the boy inquired, knowing full well that the former standout at Pewaukee (Wis.) High School was supposed to be playing college football somewhere. When Watt said he had a pizza to deliver, the boy remained mystified. He quickly turned back to his mother and repeated his question.

For Watt, the boy's confusion was understandable. Watt had been a starting tight end at Central Michigan during his freshman season, and people in his hometown hardly expected that early success to lead to his quitting the team. But Watt also couldn't explain to a child that his dream of playing in the NFL required that unexpected stint working at Pizza Hut. It was hard enough for Watt to make adults understand his life strategy during the winter of 2008.
  2. ejthedj

ejthedj Well-Known Member

1,002 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I want this guy. Trade down with St. Louis and get it done.

Heck, take him at 9. I think he's a top 7 talent in this draft.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    J.J. Watt, who is a potential top 10 pick.

the key word in that sentence is POTENTIAL

I wonder how many TOP TEN GUYSTHERE ARE POTENTIALLY

15 to 20 ?????????
  4. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,048 Messages
    2,591 Likes Received
    I'd love to have him but we need an OT and CB more.