1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jack the Ripper mystery solved by top detective after 125 years

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Sep 26, 2013.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,161 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    Yeah, they (the local authorities) tried getting the charges to stick to at least one local, but the charges didn't stick.

If this would have happened in present day they would have torn the house down, but there is sits... Kinda like the Borden house and the Speck house in Chicago.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    It's just an unassuming white farmhouse. Till you step inside. I was completely creeped out by that tour. It sticks with you knowing all those little kids were ax murdered.

I'd like to go thru Lizzie's house. I definitely believe Lizzie committed those murders.
  3. MichaelWinicki

32,161 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    I go back and forth on the Borden thing. In same ways it seems it had to be Lizzie... Other times I'm not so sure. James didn't think Lizzie did it and presented a pretty convincing time-line for her not doing it... But who knows...

The only thing I am sure of when it comes to the Borden case is that Elizabeth Montgomery made for a fetching Lizzie Borden way back when she starred in the made-for-TV movie about the case. ;)
  4. BoysFan4ever

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    You must have heard the theory that many speculate that Lizzie was a victim of incest for many years & it would explain the rage involved in those murders.

I definitely believe she did it.
  5. MichaelWinicki

32,161 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    Oh yes, I've read about the possibility of incest.
  6. BoysFan4ever

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    Creepy! I'm not sure how to feel about that but if true that is so horrific you can almost see why she snapped.
  7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,220 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    I have a friend that does ghost hunting and her team did an investigation at Villisca. I helped her edit her footage together. I didn't see anything too crazy though, but I am very skeptical and always looking for rational explanations.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  8. MichaelWinicki

32,161 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    If she was subjected to that, yeah that's a horrible thing to put a child through... But we don't know.

I would greatly suggest Bill James book "Popular Crime" he presents some interesting POV on several of the infamous crimes and it's his take that she didn't do it, and offers a strong case in support of his position.
  9. BoysFan4ever

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    I've read that book. I think she did it. I do believe it was an incest thing but we don't know. You're right about that. Until we get a go back in time machine we'll never know. I get creeped out over real crime but in intrigues me!
  10. BoysFan4ever

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    That was a big thing on the tour I took there. This place is haunted!

I have to say there is a very bad/strange vibe there but it could be because of what happened there. I'm not sure how to explain it. I would never stay overnite there!
  11. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,876 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    If I need to solve some mysteries, I'll call both of you to tag team...