1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jacoby Ford or Dexter McCluster

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by AustnIsMySaviour, Jan 26, 2010.

1. AustnIsMySaviour

AustnIsMySaviour Benched

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You guys think if Dallas were to draft one of them they'd replace crayton, or just be a ST player ??
  2. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,359 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Depends on who it is really. I'm not too sure if Jacoby Ford would work from the slot, but Jordan Shipley would. Ford would probably be #4 and ST. Someone like this Brandon Banks kid I'm hearing about would probably play mostly ST.
  3. Scranton Tiger

Scranton Tiger New Member

377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lived in MB, NMB and Surfside for 15 years before moving here. The Strand is definately a young person's paradise.
  4. Scranton Tiger

Scranton Tiger New Member

377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't go that far. Ford is a much better return guy than McCluster. He just didn't have many opportunities because his teammate (C.J. Spiller) is the best kick and punt return man in the country. Also disagree with him not being "pads fast". Ford has legitimate game speed and he is also much better in space. McCluster is better in traffic though.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    McCluster has done nothing in the return game.......ever.
  6. AustnIsMySaviour

AustnIsMySaviour Benched

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mccluster not the better return man like Jobberone said but I can see where he's coming from when he said Ford not ' pads fast '. He doesn't look like a 60m NCAA champion on the football field. Should be much quicker. Mccluster is much faster IMo on the football field.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,882 Messages
    4,454 Likes Received
    I don't know where you're getting this from. But I know he returned punts in his career.
  8. jobberone

38,882 Messages
    4,454 Likes Received
    I said he was still fast. But his track speed doesn't completely translate when he puts the pads on. I won't argue which one is the better return person. They both look capable of taking it to the house. And Spiller IS a better return guy even when injured.
  9. tko112204

tko112204 Active Member

597 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Just because he performed the duties doesn't mean he did anything with it. The numbers have been posted in this thread and others today. His return numbers were very pedestrian.
  10. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,359 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I'm in NMB, Cherry Grove area. Yeah, I love it here. It's a 45 minute drive to Coastal five days a week, but besides that it's great.
  11. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. jobberone

38,882 Messages
    4,454 Likes Received
    We were comparing Ford and McCluster not McCluster vs everybody. I'm aware of his stats which don't compare with Ford's stats. I've been a Ford fan for four years and have kids at Clemson. I don't think Ford is as good as McCluster but the difference isn't huge. McCluster is as quick as he is fast and he's stronger than Ford. I'm basing all this on the eyeball test. Ford is faster on the track. McCluster looks faster on the field to me although it may be a result of his quickness and speed. Totally subjective. Spiller looks as fast or faster than Ford on the field but is not as fast on the track. Again subjective.
  13. Malcolm Kelly

Malcolm Kelly New Member

82 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rather have the Cowboys choose Dexter McCluster. He has a huge upside and he can play running back and slot receiver. He is putting on a show at the Senior Bowl. McCluster is exactly the kind of player that the Cowboys could really regret passing over a few years from now. His upside makes taking him worth the risk.