1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jags or Chargers?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Draegerman, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Hello all:

This is a little off-topic but I could use some help in choosing my defense/special team for Week 1 when our fantasy football league kicks-off this season. I'm looking for a little objectivity here, so I'll ask my fellow Cowboy fans to lose those rose-colored glasses for about 15 minutes while providing their opinions.

Here's the breakdown:

I own the Jacksonville Jaguars Defense/ST and the Chargers Defense/ST.

The Chargers are playing against the Raiders at Oakland in Week 1 while the Jags play at home against some obscure team from Texas (;)).

Object of the game:

To pick the best defense that will completely shutdown their opponent. I'm speaking in terms of humiliating them to such an extent that each member of the opposing offense will be forced to quit football the following day and then fly over to Switzerland for a sex-change operation. I'm talking the ultimate humiliation here, folks.

Here are the stakes:

The money that you hold in your hands right now is for the rent, baby's milk, Baby's plastic surgery (hurray augmentation!), heroin fix, Tiny Tim's new crutch, or [insert whatever it is that you absolutely must have this money for], and you've come to this horrible realization that you simply don't have enough. So, doing the only sensible thing possible (and since you've never made it past the 3rd grade), you take this money down to the local bookie and bet it on one of these defenses to start.

Now knowing everything that I just told you and what the stakes are for, my question to you is which one would you start?

The winning entry that I select will receive a free one month membership to the CowboysZone while the losing entries will each receive a free two month membership.

Thanks for the help,

Draegerman
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,685 Messages
    1,008 Likes Received
    If you don't pick the Chargers defense you should quit fantasy football and possibly life.

Oakland has no offense to begin with, and Shawn Merriman is going to make someone cry.
  3. Trip

Trip New Member

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep. While Bledsoe is capable of giving up a TD to make the opposing fantasy defense look good, not in week one, not with his new toy to throw to... and Glenn and Witten.

Cowboys offense rolls this week.
  4. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I have to confess that I'm leaning towards starting the Chargers defense even though the Jags are definitely a better unit. Obviously the Cowboys are a bigger scoring threat than the Raiders (on paper anyways) but I've seen Jacksonville's defense play and these cats (pun intended) are going to be tough to score on.

I don't know enough about the Raiders qb, Brooks, and how well he has performed this preseason but I've always hated betting against Randy Moss regardless of which defense he goes up against or which quarterback is throwing him the ball.

We shall see...
  5. Trip

Trip New Member

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's what bothers me about fantasy football.

I'm always conflicted about who to play, and CANNOT make a sound decision when my team's involved.

I can, and always do, convince myself to start Julius Jones against a tough defense when I have a much better alternative.
  6. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Man for real.

Oakland vs the Chargers

Cowboys Vs the Jags

dude, Chargers are gonna murder Oakland, and force them into playing bad,

its gonna be a close game with Jags and Cowboys, so your looking at it wont really get alot of TO
  7. Trip

Trip New Member

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By the way, Draegerman, I see you're real popular with DMN blog guys.

What'd you do, tell Mosley he's an idiot?
  8. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Heh...I pick on Cowlishaw. ;)
  9. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    fantasy football is a scab to real football. I'm so sick of it polluting real football and real football discussion....and real football coverage
    isn't there a fantasy football forum where these posts can go and I can avoid?
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,685 Messages
    1,008 Likes Received
    I've never played it.

Yes there is a better forum in which this thread could have been placed.

To call it a 'scab to real football' is, of course, your preference. It's just another passtime for football fans to enjoy, much like madden video games. It isn't as if this board is wrought with fantasy football discussion, nor do I see your point about it 'polluting real football and real football discussions.' So calm down.
  11. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,375 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Must be nice to be so superior to the rest of us fantasy football scabs.