1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jamarcus clueless Russell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Jan 6, 2010.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,853 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :lmao2:

Not so fast on Cable

Well, well. Someone using the name JaMarcus Russell is checked into The Palms in Las Vegas the day after Russell was excused from the final team meeting for "personal reasons."

If this is the case, this can only help Raiders coach Tom Cable in his meeting next week with Raiders owner Al Davis.

Russell is believed to be the major sticking point between Cable, who benched Russell after nine games, and Davis, who preaches patience for his prized No. 1 overall draft pick.

Russell has been criticized by Cable publicly, and teammates privately, for not working hard enough off the field. The reason reporters knew about Russell's absence Monday was because of a tip from a teammate in the locker room who couldn't hide his disgust.

Cable can take Russell's Vegas-over-team trip to show Davis the extent of his disconnect from the rest of the team. Maybe Davis will see Cable handled Russell the right way all along, that his struggles were about more than Xs and Os.

That, or Davis says about Russell what he said about Randy Moss in September -- that the Raiders failed him. If that's his stance, then yeah, Cable is gone.

Consider a line drawn in the Vegas sand.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=54655#ixzz0brMZ9BJ5
  2. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You don't like Jamahcus? Get over it. He's a great playa.

Heard that soundbite from Al Davis on Fox Radio yesterday. I don't know the when or where it was said, but it was funny nontheless.
  3. Smiles Baustin

Smiles Baustin New Member

209 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JaMantits is a fool
  4. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    In ways I feel sorry for JaMarcus, hes the latest victim of Al Davis insanity. Do you think Darius Heyward-Bey is going to be able to live up to his draft spot either? I sure don't.

Russell is an NFL backup QB who had a good college career, but only so-so measurables and Al Davis drafted him first overall against all sense, common or otherwise.

There is no way he could win, maybe if he was given a couple of years to try and improve his game he would turn out at least decent, but he clearly wasn't ready to start and the guy is basically cancer now. No team will want to touch him.
  5. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think having "clueless" in the title is redundant.
  6. Smiles Baustin

Smiles Baustin New Member

209 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hmmmmmmm?

JaWalrus had all the tools to be a great QB and then some
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,097 Messages
    4,016 Likes Received
    When you going to take Mike Jenkins off your big game waiting list?
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,968 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    Jamarcus is a joke. I can't wait to see him fail out of the league. ****in idiot who took the money and gave up. ****in pathetic excuse of an athlete.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,199 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Jamarcus just had to work hard and he probably could have been at worst good. The fact that he was unwilling to put in the work is ON HIM AND NO ONE ELSE.
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,324 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    He did win! He won the first round draft pick lottery based off of his performance in one game (albeit a championship game). Doesn't matter much though, Al was fully intent on going with a QB that year, so if it wasn't Jamarcus tanking out in Raider land, it would have been Brady Quinn. Meanwhile, they passed on Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas, the three players that were tabbed as sure things going into that draft.