1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jan. 3 2012 Cowboys Draft and FA Plan

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by mrmason67, Jan 3, 2012.

1. mrmason67

mrmason67 Member

71 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    We can build the OL through FA and build the DEFENSE through the draft. We need to sign two OG through FA.

2012 FA
    CARL HICKS - would be perfect but I doubt N.O. will let him go.
    BEN GRUBBS
    VERNON CAREY
    DEUCE LUTUI
    DERRICK DOCKERY – played pretty good last night. Maybe another 1 year deal. Good for a decent backup.

If we can get two of these FA our OL would be set. We have to be able to run the ball and protect TONY ROMO. Look at the season TONY ROMO had with the OL we had. Upgrade the OL and this OFFENSIVE really would be explosive.

THIS IS WHAT THIS TEAM REALLY NEED

2012 DRAFT
    RD. 1 – HEART
    RD. 2 – PRIDE
    RD. 3 – HONOR
    RD. 4 – IDENTITY
    RD. 5 – WILL
    RD. 6 - HUNGRIER
    RD. 7 – DETERMINE

BUT SINCE WE CAN'T DRAFT THIS WE CAN DRAFT THESE PLAYERS

RD. 1 – Melvin Ingram, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus, Janoris Jenkins, Devon Still
    RD. 2 – Chase Minefield, Alfonzo Dennard, Bruce Irvin, Andre Branch, Brandon Thompson, Vontaze Burfict
    RD. 3 – Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox, Vinny Curry, Brandon Boykin, Jonathan Banks
    RD. 4 – Emmanel Acho, George Iloka, Kelechi Osemele, Marcus Forston, Kawann Short,
    RD. 5 – BAP (DEFENSIVE) player with speed – athletic freak
    RD. 6 – BAP (DEFENSIVE) player with speed – athletic freak
    RD. 7 – BAP (DEFENSIVE) player with speed – athletic freak

I bold Vontaze Burfict because to think of drafting him and Melvin Ingram would give us an incredible defensive. I think he is athletic enough to rush the passer and moving Melvin Ingram to DE. He will bring a lot intensity to our defensive. The defensive would look like:
    V. Burfict, M. Ingram, Dontari, J. Ratliff, D. Ware (I know J. Ratliff don't want change position, but He has to realizes He can be a better at DE)
    S. Lee, B. Carter
    C. Minnifield, G. Sensabaugh, A. Elam, M. Jenkins

I NYG puts so much on the quarterback because they have so many athletes that are able to rush the passer. (JPP, OSI, JASON, KIWANUKA) We need to have some athletes that can get after the QB.

Tell me what you guys think!
  2. Dallyjake

Dallyjake Member

301 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    you can cross Burfict off our draft board...Dude is a powder keg. we dont need any more dumb players that do dumb things.
  3. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Burfict is about as far as you can get away from "the Cowboy Way"
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Maybe Burficit is the attitude we need.
  5. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,312 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Attitude-yes.
    Intelligence-NO
  6. mrmason67

mrmason67 Member

71 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Yes! We need more of physical present on defensive. D. Ware, S. Lee, J. Ratliff, M. Ingram and V Burfict. He will give Dallas an attitude/identity on defensive. No more of people disrespecting our house or star. I'm tired of seeing Brandon Jacobs disrespecting our star.