1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Janoris Jenkins Interview: Good Stuff

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JonJon, Feb 9, 2012.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be happy to take Mr. youknowwhatisayin.
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Yeah, I've been watching some videos on him and I think if he can press up on receivers and knock them off their route for a split second, it would help out a lot. His size is definitely a great attribute, we'll just have to wait to see if Janoris is off the charts in terms of speed and agility.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    Yes you are right....

Let's just assume he is guilty. I mean what else is he supposed to say?

I would love to see you get caught stealing, or doing something bad. I am sure you would tell the judge "nope i am not changing, lock me up"

I am sure you wouldn't cry like a little.......and try to beat it into everyones head that you have changed.
  4. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

875 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    my new favorite pick for us at 14. goodbye decastro, hello jenkins. nothing personal, but our secondary is falling apart and this seems like the perfect match.
  5. Frozen700

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    He likes the cowboys. Favorite Team, therefore he would most likely play harder for us, then he would anybody else.

I want him!
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Hard to blame anyone for having doubts. I do think what others will say those who are around him and coached him and delt with him on a daily bases will get phone calls and interviews to get their take.
  7. Frozen700

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    I agree

1 thing i will say, he has better speech than Kirk. So when it comes to interviews, Jenkins def has the upper hand on him there.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,821 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received

with everything so recent, he would NOT have been a high pick. Otherwise he would have come out
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,821 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    and how does this help the boys if he has NOT changed?

Or if after getting his money, he decided he wanted to make it rain?
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Not a 1st no, but I sincerely doubt he would've been lower than a 2/3. Which is still a high pick. Jimmy Smith was still a 1st rounder last year.

The point is, Jenkins didn't take the easy route. He took a tough path back to prominence, worked hard, kept clean.

That affords him a little respect and the benefit of doubt
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Love how all year -- or for two years now -- people claim that Garrett is cleaning out the locker room, that he'll only bring in "the right kind of guy", that he'd never have brought in a Dez type... But now that a guy with some talent comes along, people want to throw all that away and spend one of the most valuable resources we have on him.
  12. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    If I had a say then maybe a 2nd rd after doing allot of back ground checking on him. I could not do it in rd 1, I know he has talent but the baggage worries me.
  13. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

685 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I like Jenkins ... I think he has some serious talent and could come in and start right away. Obviously the character issues are a concern, but the guy could've easily took the easy way out and entered the draft last year, but he decided to finish school and get a degree before entering the pros. It's obvious he's trying to clean up his act and it looks like he has, so I would draft him.

But it all depends on what we do in free agency in my eyes. If we sign a offensive lineman like Nicks or Grubbs and also sign a top corner like Finnegan or Carr, then there's no need to draft Jenkins so then I would look for a pass rusher. Let's see what the Cowboys do in free agency and then I think we'll have a clearer picture on who they'll target in the draft.
  14. Frozen700

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    I never said he hasn't really changed i was just saying stop thinking or assuming he hasn't.

Also you are getting mad at people getting happy that he is saying he has turned a new leaf. At the end of the day what do you expect from him? To say he has not changed?

Overall i believe he has. He got kicked out of Florida, saw his career going down the drain, that is a wake up call.
  15. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I agree. Plus from what I have read and heard, his coach at UNA had nothing but good to say about him. But it's up to the Cowboys to do their due diligence. That means interviewing him, following up with the coaches and staff to make sure he has turned a new leaf. If he pans out, draft him and reap the benefits of a top CB.
  16. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think you made a good point . What did you expect him to say ? With the chance to get a big payday , he is not going to say anything to hurt himself . His behaviour at N.A. goes more in his favor than what he says . Does his words mean that he has changed ? No.
    My biggest concern is why should Dallas take the risk ? There is no need to risk it just because a CB is needed .
  17. Balotelli

Balotelli Benched

25 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DITTO.

Having watched Jenkins his JR year at Florida, I think It's safe to say this guy has all the tools to become one of the top corners in the NFL. Hope Jerry sees it aswell.
  18. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Here are a few reasons why: Just look for #41. He won't be hard to find. He's the one getting beat for long receptions and touchdowns.
    [youtube]Nh4oGPtFHx4[/youtube]

[youtube]Xel9sOr99k8[/youtube]

[youtube]2iC0wUt4GLM[/youtube]
  19. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    There are no highlight clips of players sitting at home due to suspentions either. I'm not totally aginst Jenkins, at 14 I think that would be a big risk and frankly I would be willing to take someone else at CB like a Boykin.

Having players you can trust does matter. Tenn knew the risk with Pac Man they took the risk and were burned by him.
  20. crazyfool

crazyfool Member

276 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I would be in complete favor in drafting another cb named Jenkins. We need talent in the secondary as we lose people. Janoris is probably the most(maybe second) talented DB in this draft.