1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Janoris Jenkins is the answer

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Jan 8, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,426 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    I'm not going to show you highlight videos of Jenkins or any videos of this year playing at North Alabama since he should dominate there. But here are some videos vs the top SEC WRS in 2010. AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Alshon Jeffery.

If I can get this guy I am. I want him and Ingram and if that means trading back up int he 1st then so be it. The defense needs to get fixed and those two are day one starters.

I'm going to here about DeCastro but I think DeCastro goes to KC or Arizona, both are very interested in DeCastro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tH53cLW4U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHc2hr6nPo
  2. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    i dont think anybody doubts his skills as a cb.
    I love his game but these are the concerns

1. off field issues
    2. size, i wanna see what he measures at the combine. He may only be 5'10" which is gonna make it tough in the NFL.
  3. supercowboy8

5,426 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    he is 5'10 or 5'11 about 185. that is good size. he has great speed and fluid hips to be a great man cover CB which is what this team needs. This defense needs a CB with coverage ability and not just a guy with height and over 200 if they can't man cover.

as for the off the field issues. He has stayed out of trouble all this year and was never in actual trouble in Florida except for smoking some "Herb". Urban Meyer even said himself that if he was still at Florida he wouldn't have dismissed Janoris for that reason.
    It's not like he carries a gun, gets in fights, and raps or steals.
  4. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,720 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received

Sounds like Mike Jenkins. Sign me up
  5. supercowboy8

5,426 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Janoris Jenkins 5-10 183 pounds

Johnathon Joseph 5-11 190
    Darrelle Revis 5-11 195
    Brandon Flowers 5-9 187
    Cortland Finnegan 5-10 188
    Joe haden 5-11 190

So I don't think Janoris Jenkins size is a problem
  6. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

322 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Too much of a risk to select with the #14 pick. I think he will slid to the bottom of the 1st or early 2nd.
  7. King Marco III

King Marco III Member

49 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Imo janoris jenkins is the best corner in the draft, playmaker we desperately need and a hell of a pure cover corner. With that said I wouldn't touch him at 14. If he falls to the end of round one or is there at our pick in round two, then I pick him. Those substance abuse things ARE a big deal. Big enough that nobody is considering him as one of the top couple corners to be picked despite his elite talent. He has value, but 14 is too high for him imo. We have cornered the market on mentally challenged players.
  8. supercowboy8

5,426 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    i'm with you and I don't think he will be picked in the top 20. I want to trade backup into the bottom of the 1st and get him.
  9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I've been hearing that he's only 5'9.
  10. supercowboy8

5,426 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    every where I see it says he is 5-10, Florida had him listed at 5'11 and who cares. Brandon Flowers is 5'9.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,571 Messages
    1,429 Likes Received
    Likely to show up on Sam Hurd's client list.
  12. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    No one can deny his talent. He just can't stop from lighting one up. I do not think we can take the chance with the 14th pick.
  13. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,367 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Who cares if he is 5'9? Lmao..in this day and age bigger is better at CB. Am I saying he can't be good bc of his size? Absolutely not, but let's not pretend like it isn't a negative bc it is.

On top of all of that the guy is an absolute knucklehead. I don't see any way Garrett would have him on this team
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Terrific... I have an even better idea, why don't you draft nothing but druggies who get kicked out of their first school??

Jenkins is a knucklehead, and a loser... I'll pass, all the talent in the world isn't much good if you're on the suspended list...
  15. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, he's gone a whole YEAR without getting busted?? So, has he changed his ways, or has he just gotten lucky??

Oh no, you won't get away with distorting the truth that way; we're talking about THREE separate arrests for smoking weed before Florida had enough and sent him packing...

And if you don't wise up and stop smoking after your first bust, then you're not likely to ever quit... IOW, he will always be a suspension waiting to happen... for that matter, his next drug bust might land him in jail...

Problem is, the NFL will still suspend you if "all" you're doing is smoking weed... given that, it's kind of shocking that you'd attempt to minimize his past...

There are plenty of talented players out there without drug records, we don't need to bring in losers who can play some...
  16. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Myself and a number of other posters have been trumpheting the idea of adding smarter players. Consistently using an illegal substance would suggest that he is not one of those people.
  17. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,109 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    are the off the field issues a big reason to pass on him, but the size as well.

I'm sorry, but unless I'm the SB champs with a roster full of probowlers, no way in hell I'm spending a #1 draft pick on a 5'10 CB. And yes, I know about the historical players who were the size, and how if the player is good, it doesn't matter, but, uh, no, thanks..

Especially for this team as it stands right now.
  18. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    too many character questions.

Dallas doesn't need more knuckleheads on the team.