1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Allen reportedly not coming to Dallas...signing with Seattle

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Mar 18, 2014.

1. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,086 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Can't blame him, .. at least he will have a good chance to make a deep run into the playoffs for a couple of years.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  2. NuttyRex

NuttyRex Member

91 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    The states require withholding from your income. The Cowboys are definitely filing with the states (as a privilege of doing business in that state) and have to oblige with their payroll requirements. I have no idea how the Cowboys return would work or what it would look like (in terms of income), but they would be deducting salary and travel expenses on their end. Change my earlier example to the following:

You live in Texas and work for Deloitte in Dallas. Deloitte now sends you to NY for a week to work at a client's office and Deloitte pays your salary. Your salary based on that one week will now be NY sourced, and Deloitte and you will have to file a NY tax return.

I'm by no means a state tax expert, but as mentioned earlier, I have worked on athletes' returns, and had to file numerous state returns. Look up jock tax if you want more info.

I live in Texas BTW.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    So do they make lime green headbands?
  4. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,422 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    The player does at least five days of work for the 24 hours in the other state. Why does he get taxed on the entire paycheck by the other team's state?
  5. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

978 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    Allen will be a cowboy by a surprisingly remarkable move as his wife pushes him to be Texas bound. We are severely underestimating her disgust for the constant rain of the pacific northwest, only to push her husband back to Big D.
    REDVOLUTION likes this.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,548 Messages
    948 Likes Received
    Lol
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,086 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Let's hope her hair falls at even the hint of rain, .. LOL
  8. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

978 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    Our hopes of Allen signing hinges on if Allen's wife is too high maintenance or not. I like our chances.