1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Allen Still Hasnt Made A Decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S4 DGMS

S4 DGMS Member

51 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    This is literally EXACTLY how I feel when it comes to the defensive line/ defense. GREAT minds think alike!
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,773 Messages
    1,975 Likes Received
    But I am smart enough to understand that our D line got abused like a fat kid in a locker room last year and with him and Melton signing I would feel a whole lot more comfortable going into next season.[/quote]

http://www.***lmao.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/whale-lot-of-fun-***-lmao.gif [IMG]
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Dallas needs a DE, Jared Allen is far and away the best out there, a solid compliment to Melton. The man he gets his Sacks.
  4. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,324 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    The sad thing is there was a time when every player wanted to play for the Cowboys. Those days are gone.
    cml750, khiladi and dwight like this.
  5. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,470 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    Maybe we just can't throw money out there like we used to...
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  6. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,570 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    His whole "retirement" strategy seems to be backfiring. Peppers and Ware didn't mention it and they have big contracts. This tactic may be giving teams the impression that he isn't fully committed to football at this point in his career and is just looking for a final payday.
    guag and dwight like this.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    If he's actually considering the Raiders, that's EXACTLY what he's doing.
    khiladi and cowboys1981 like this.
  8. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,570 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    He wants what Peppers and Ware got. Nice contracts on contending teams.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,999 Messages
    5,035 Likes Received
    The raiders have money to spend than the seabags it's true. I'm sure he knows all the details of any offer we gave him. If it is too low then it's too low. At least we are not overspending and getting into bidding wars any more or so it seems.
  10. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    guag and OhSnap like this.
  11. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Crazy thing is if he does sign with Oakland they will have the scariest DE rotation in the league but probably the oldest too.
  12. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,242 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    Every other team's fans should be hoping it's the Raiders and not the Seahawks. Pretty sure we are out of the discussion.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,008 Messages
    9,092 Likes Received
    If he comes to Dallas he can be a full time starter since we lack any talent at the position. If he goes to Seattle he's probably a situational pass rusher. Which he said he'd retire before doing.

I doubt he comes here either but that is one factor in the Cowboys' favor.
  14. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I almost forgot that happened. Thanks.
  15. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,242 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    The money will be so high that I think our earlier decision to cut Ware will look foolish. It will create a likely situation where players like Witten and Carr need to be restructured. As you have pointed out, we are not "one player away" where such a deal makes sense. Thus I think we have backed slowly away from the negotiating table. I don't think Marinelli wants him taking all those snaps any way. He wants a strong pass rush in the 4th quarter with fresh legs.
  16. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    I think someone in Dallas should give him a call right now. Maybe Marinelli can talk to him. You know...."we would love to have you here and we would like to know how to make that possible question." Right now Allen is undecided because there are other factors besides money thats in play. He wants to talk it over with the wife so that means women really are not in it for the money. They want stability to raise a family, home, kids, etc. This is what the Dallas FO should be talking about with Allen.

I lived in Seattle for a bit and I can tell you besides from boating the weather is gloomy, cold and it seems like tis raining all the time. Great sports town but what the Dallas FO needs to stop doing is talk about the money part. Start comparing the differences on raising a family in Seattle, to raising a family in Dallas. Because Allen is a family man. His wife is going to help him decide which means that money to a lady is not always a determining factor. Those are the points which we should be hammering home right now with Allen through a quick phone call. It could make him sign here.
    COWBOYSNUM1 likes this.
  17. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Our decision to cut Ware was prudent. I give Jerry a stellar grade so far this offseason. Sure beats Snyder. Sure beats Irsay :D Dallas IS in the running for Allen and did not make him stay seated by giving in to a high demand. If Allen comes back it will be because he knows he has a chance to make this team special. He will be part of it. Ware couldn't play in the 4-3. Jared IS a 4-3 end. Dallas has I believe about 6.4 in cap space as we speak. Should be close to what we need for Allen. Again, Allen is a fine player who will probably start to show diminishing returns. The Cowboys move on with or without him. 7-8 mil this year would work for me.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,462 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    I get the feeling thatif he really wanted to retire he would shut up and go home. He is visiting teams because he knows that he has only a handful of years left where he can make money and then he has to live the next half of his life. I have zero doubt that Allen will be earning an NFL paycheck next year.

Make what you feel is a fair, sensible offer and let the chips fall where they may.
  19. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Yeh...but he'll opt to listen to his Agent instead.
  20. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    He said he needs to talk to his wife. Thus his not the only decision maker. He's wife is. His agent just wants money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.