1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Allen Still Hasnt Made A Decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,436 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I believe we do, but it depends on how much of Melton's money is scheduled against this year's cap and if Dallas is willing to sign him to a contract with a dead-money hit in a couple of years. The Cowboys could give him $7 million or $8 million up front in bonus for a four-year deal, then give him a low base salary the first year and a slightly higher one next year before the base exceeds the remainder of the bonus ($4 million or so) the third year.

His first-year cap hit would end up about $3 million or so. If Melton's $5 million is all guaranteed against the cap, then their total would end up close to what we've got.

Allen's total compensation could look big at four years, $30-plus million, but would be palatable for two years. If he's wanting a bigger bonus, then Dallas is probably better off letting him walk.
    CowboyStar88 and bark like this.
  2. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    I find it weird that he went back to Seattle and didn't sign a deal. Maybe received another call while he was there that swayed his mind ?
  3. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received

That's because it IS raining all the time.

[IMG]
    so he can play in Seatle
    [IMG]
    or come to Dallas[IMG]
    [IMG]
    In 2014 the media will be doing lots of talking about the Cowboys front four. I am sure we will see two early round additions rounds 1-4 and if Jared wants to come home I think it is the perfect time. If the entire defense can do an about face the fun in Dallas will be back. I can see the media giving #69, well...., some serious credit. And I think leaders know when to take advantage of a chance to lead. The Cowboys have a very explosive offense that may be ready to have a year to remember. Both sides of the ball could be quite stellar.
    Aven8 likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

913 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Isn't the old joke that people in Seattle don't tan, they rust?
    theSHOW likes this.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,305 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
  6. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,067 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Seattle is a great city though, I lived outside of there for a while and their fish market is stellar. It has such a great vibe to the city BUT it doesn't seem like the kind of place fit for a Cowboy. Just saying.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    I wonder what the detail is that is making Allen hesitate?
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    I agree for the most part but I would take Jared Allen's "stale" legs over any DE on this roster. A rotation is great but not when you're sitting a hall of fame player for stiffs.
  9. Nirvana

4,305 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    446777744181841922 is not a valid tweet id
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    I would guess he isn't getting the money per year that he wants.

Or that his wife insisted on.
  11. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    [IMG] What is this?

[IMG]
    khiladi likes this.
  12. Nirvana

4,305 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    We'll have something from the 1st or 2nd round very soon for WDE to rotate with a contract hungry Selvie.
  13. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    i guess i wasnt the only one calling him out on twitter.

BAT and theSHOW like this.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Marinelli and Jerry need to both reach out to him separately before the weekend - make him feel wanted and give him the big money upfront as close to 10M as possible, be competitive at least. Giving up without a last minute pitch is lousy salesmanship. Guy wants to come home, give him a reason, any reason to make that choice.
    ConstantReboot likes this.
  15. Nirvana

4,305 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    I don't understand this line of thinking. That's 10 million better invested elsewhere. We cut Ware for a reason. Let's not ruin our good work and change in philosophy. We are starting to look like the Moneyball Oakland As for once, instead of a team that pays aging players bloated contracts that eat at us for years with no returns.
  16. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
  17. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
  18. Nirvana

4,305 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Could the Raiders turn it around next season? They certainly will win the bidding war. If Allen sees a potential contender, he may opt to go to Oakland. Maybe they are putting some pieces together. No QB though - yet.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,900 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    Come for the right price.
  20. cej757

cej757 Well-Known Member

471 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    I wouldn't listen to anything Clarence Hill is saying. He and Calvin Watkins were making fun about Jerry couldn't sign a Hometown kid in Melton. Then the next thing you know Melton signs and now all of a sudden sources say the Cowboys are out of the mix on Allen.

We don't even know if Allen would consider less money to play in Dallas because there is no state tax. We'll see.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.