1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Crick DE

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by btcutter, Apr 3, 2012.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,795 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    What about this guy in the 2nd?

Fall in line with how Dallas have been drafting....Injured player but 1st round rating in 2010. DT probably playing DE in 3-4 with 9.5 sack in 2010 and 17 tackles for losses.

When Mayock was watching tapes for CB Akamura (sp) last year, all he keep saying is this kid Crick just jump out at him constantly throughout the game tape.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    I like Crick, he is one I would be happy to see Dallas draft.

My top 5 3-4 DE
    Cox
    Reyes
    Still
    Crick
    Winn
  3. btcutter

2,795 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    If JJ gets cute and trade down, I would love to get Crick in the 2nd. He should be fully recovered from muscle injury and ready to go.

He should fit in very nicely at DE. In fact I think he's a better player than Brocker from LSU and Upshaw.

If JJ trade down would be a great pick to get Silatolu G and Crick DE with top two picks and add a pick in the third.
  4. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I recorded a few of his games this year and was excited to see him. I came out unimpressed. Decent run stuffer but limited as a pass rusher. Not sure how well he will translate to a 5 technique.
  5. btcutter

2,795 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    thought he got hurt pretty early on ? He'll be 3-4 DE which should give him a bit more space to work with. He certainly can take on double team based on his experience at DT. Before he got hurt he had 9.5 sack from DT...that's not too shabby.
  6. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I watched him against Ohio St. and Wisconsin. Both were earlier in the season before his injury. Good player, just not all that impressed.
  7. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Crick tore his pec during the Ohio State game, but played the majority of that game with the injury. Crick also suffered a concussion during this game as well.

Crick was also injured in the Washington game with a concussion, sat out the Wyoming game because of it.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    So he's injured, projected before the injury to be a 1st rounder, but now seen more in the 2nd.

Sounds familiar.....go ahead and pick out his jersey number for our team.
  9. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Is Crick going to be completely healed before the start of training camp or is he going to have be "red-shirted" like carter was last year?
  10. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    The torn pec does not bother me but the multiple concussions do.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I like Crick, he is one of those high motor guy you will not see slack off. In terms of talent he has been a very consistent in his performance. Last season he did suffer an injury and missed most of the season. But in terms of what kind of player he is? I see him a blue collar lunch pail guy who will bring it every game
  12. supercowboy8

5,547 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    yep just the type of player Gerrett likes. But I haven't heard any news about Dallas being interested in Crick.
  13. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I did not hear Dallas was interested in Demarco Murray either, Murray was even shocked. :laugh2:

This time of year I don't buy into the overall rumor mill taking place around the league.

We will just see what happens but if Crick were the pick in rd 2 I would consider that a solid pick
  14. supercowboy8

5,547 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    true, also don't go crazy thinking that only players coming in for a visit are the players Dallas wants to draft. Dallas and other teams have drafted players they never even talked to.

Nebraska is close enough to Dallas that scouts have probably seen enuogh of Crick that they don't ned to see any more. Smae as they did with Murray.
  15. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Exactly. I'm as interested as the next guy on who visits Valley Ranch but I also know every time a player does come to Valley Ranch the speculations and rumors start up on who we are picking. Last week Garrett is at Alabama and 3 Bama players became the front runners. Maybe they are maybe they are not. Every team is looking at players, Cowboys are no different.

I see it as a team doing their home work not only on player they may like to draft but players they know they will not get
  16. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Husker fan.

As far as Crick is concerned, I wouldn't take him in the 2nd round. Perhaps it's not entirely his fault because he was playing, imo, in a system designed by Bo to " read and react " ( maybe because of the lack of dept at the D-line ), but the few games he did play, he didn't show very much. He looked better when " a man named Suh " was dominating next to him, but after Ndamukong graduated, Crick's play declined.

3rd, 4th round ? no problem with that, but not 2nd.

Hopefully Bo will not use the " read and react " system anymore and allow Steinkuler to flourish, but we'll see..