1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RamziD, Apr 28, 2012.

1. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Analysis per CBS sports:

Strengths: Has very good initial burst to beat coverage at the line of scrimmage with the quick-twitch moves to redirect in any direction and create separation. Has a fluid body with very good flexibility to twist and adjust his frame mid-air to make tough catches. Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully. Knows how to get open and recognizes soft spots in coverage, sitting down in space and finding ways to get open in the middle of the field. Has explosive footwork to plant-and-go with vision to elude defenders after the catch. Competes for every pass with reliable hands to make catches away from his frame and great hand/eye coordination to routinely come
    down with the reception -- Mr. Reliable.
    Does most of his damage on underneath routes, but makes plays at all levels of the field with a natural feel for coverage and tracks the ball very well downfield. Quick to accelerate and reach top-end speed with a sneaky second gear to get behind defenses.
    Plays with a scrappy attitude and fearless toughness over the middle to hold onto the ball after big hits -- very confident in his abilities. Was extremely productive in college, leading the SEC in several receiving categories last season, and leaves with several game, single season and career school records, including catches (168) and receiving yards (2,934). Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size and strength and is a smallish target with a lean, frail-looking frame -- marginal bulk with little growth potential. Can be overmatched at the line of scrimmage when physical defenders get their hands on him and can be pushed around on the perimeter -- struggles in press coverage and was knocked on his back more than a few times. Possesses smaller hands (81/2") and needs to look passes into his hands more consistently -- gets excited about running after the catch and needs to secure the pass cleanly before taking off. Gets himself in trouble with body catches. Has limited experience on special teams with only 8 punt returns and an average of 5.9 yards in college. Has some durability concerns after missing time in 2011 with a knee strain. NFL Comparison: Eddie Royal, Denver Broncos --By Dane Brugler

What more could you want in a #3 WR. He's projected Round 5 or 6.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Honestly, would rather have this guy than Adams.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    I love Wright. Reminds me of the Steeler receivers a couple years back that were small but jut great football guys. Sanders and Wallace
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Absolutely, he's considerably quicker, and quickness is the key to a good slot receiver... well, that and the ability to take a hit...
  5. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Not to sound like a promoter and ruin your thread but:

Greg Childs
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Either of those guys would be nice.
  7. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

669 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I would think that at this point a WR consideration would have to have some return skills. TY Hilton was the guy I liked for that role so now I think Adams is the best choice.