1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jarvis Jones LB UGA, Chance Warmack OG, BAMA, John Jenkins DT, UGA

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by miamicowboy21, Nov 22, 2012.

1. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    That's my wish list for the first round. Jarvis jones will probably be gone, but Warmack and Jenkins should be there. Every pick should be one both sides of the lines. The game is won in the trenches.
  2. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

1,740 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys end up picking in the middle part of the round, all 3 will more than likely be gone. If one of them has a chance at making all the way to the Cowboys, it's Johnathan Jenkins.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Decastro was hyped up as the greatest guard prospect ever (hyperbole) and went 24th. Warmack will not go before we pick. Jones however, is most likely out of the question. Also not a huge fan of spending a 1st on Jenkins. I see him being a good contributor, but Im not sure hes going to be the impact player you want in the top 20 picks.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    A OG early in round one is a waste, sorry but it is. You can get a day one starting good to great OG late first to second round.

Spencer has been playing lights out lately, but I wouldn't over pay for him but also I don't want to create another need in the draft. We have enough holes to feel now as it is.

If were drafting mid 1st then pass rush, safety, or RT is what we have to go for. If not there then trade back and stock pile picks and draft BPA.

I wish we would switch back to the 4-3 and keep Spencer at OLB and draft Moore, Jordan, or another top DE to go opposite ware. Also you can find good DTs or NTs mid rounds no need for a first round NT. Show me a great 3-4 with a first round NT. Not that many.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    How has that worked out for us lately? I would normally agree with you on this, but we need some legit talent on the oline. Enough is enough with trying to start these guys off of the scrap heap and late round picks. If it means reaching on a guy like Warmack than you bite the bullet and do it. This team will never win unless we get a good online, its as simple as that.
  6. supercowboy8

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    We haven't drafted any OGs late first or second like I said. I just don't think a OG early or mid 1st makes sense when you can get a good starter in the 20s. When was the last time we drafted a OG in the late first or 2nd round. Thats all I'm saying.

If we draft top 20 then we need a play-maker on defense. Spencer is good and we do not need to create another need by letting him go.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,044 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    It will either be a pass rushing LB or a pass rushing DE.
  8. supercowboy8

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    we need more pass rush but but I hope it is a DE but this draft isn't good for 3-4 DE. I think, but what do I know, that switching our 3-4 to a 4-3 like Denver uses and keeping Spencer at 4-3 SOLB and having a DE like Moore, or Dion Jordan would be great for pass rushing.
  9. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,468 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I wouldnt mind drafting Warmack but i really really doubt we will draft a guard in the first round.

OLine, DLine or Safety will make me happy.
  10. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

945 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    With the way Free has played we need another OT. Go for Joeckel and move Tyron back to right tackle. Grabbing a NT would be fine also. we seriously need more picks
  11. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Called Jeremy Parnell at RT & Henry Melton in the middle bro... They extended Parnell for a reason & obviously like him a lot. Natural position with his frame is at RT and I'd like to see him be given a chance over Free. Tyron is going to be nice at LT, you don't just give up on that transition and move him right back.. Lot of guys would lose a lot of confidence at a move like that..Fire Garrett & hire Sean Payton.. Try and sign Melton & Avril in FA if they aren't tagged & draft the OG out of Bama or a pass rushing DE, preferably Damontre Moore if he declares and we are in a draft position record wise to pick him- with Avril standing up at OLB.. My dream scenario for the offseason.. You would definitely have all the players you need to get pressure on the QB on a consistent basis with this plan. Avril-Ware pushing the QB up in the pocket, Melton-Moore-Ratliff causing havoc up the middle and destroying QB's with that front 7.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    I seem to recall a guy named Larry Allen that we drafted in the second round
  13. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    As much as I disagree with the clamor against drafting OGs high, this is the key point. We don't just need an OT. We probably need an LT specifically, which means the higher up in round one we wind up picking, the better.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,044 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    You would have to draft top 5 to get Joeckel.