1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Brown - Center

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by DBOY3141, Mar 13, 2012.

1. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Saw the Rams just released him. Was a pretty hot name in FA a few years back. Anybody know anything about him or why the Rams would let him go?
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I don't get this, I would bring him in for a look. He is a pretty good player.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    The St. Louis Rams will release center Jason Brown on Monday, according to a report at Scout.com. Brown was the starting center for most of his three seasons with the Rams, but was benched temporarily in favor of Tony Wragge. After sitting on the bench for Week 10 and Week 11, he returned to the staring lineup for the season's final six games.
    Brown had been one of the Rams' top offensive linemen, but he is due a $5 million base salary and will count $7.2 millon against the salary cap if he were to be brought back. He first signed with the Rams prior to the 2009 season after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens, who made him a fourth round pick in 2005.
    The 28-year-old is still considered a quality offensive lineman and could draw some good offers on the free agent market.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,456 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    He'd certainly be a nice upgrade over Costa.

I'm not sure what the whole penalty thing is going to do to our free agency plans though.