1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Nov 18, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I'm sad because I know a lot of fans are wrong and are constantly complaining about things rather than giving things time. If you've seen nothing positive from JG you aren't even looking and discussing it with you is pointless and not worth the time.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    What's the NFL world coming to when a coach gets praised for "reducing" penalties to the amazing total of 9 in one game.

And turnovers?

Sure, congrats Jason. Congrats for not doing what ever it was you were doing in the first half of the season that had the team on a decade high pace for turnovers.

Unbelievable.

Congrats for taking the team to the bottom ranks for turnovers and penalties and then slightly improving things from the depths of turnover/penalty hell.

Almost inspires me to take up a job and completely bomb so once I improve upon my horrid performance I can get praise while remaining less than adequate.
  3. plastike

plastike Benched

259 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Giving things TIME? LMAO. How many playoff wins since the late 90's?
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    what is truly pathetic is so called fans thinking this is a good thing

They talk about a change in culture?

Where is it?

What has changed?

We still make lots of mistakes, penalties, etc.
    We still play down to our opponents.
    We are at .500 as we have been for the past year and a half.

Yeah this requires an appreciation thread
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I imagine that anything short of a SB win will change the mind of his doubters. Im (just as JG is) aware that this team isnt a SB team but the facts are the facts. The NFC E is very weak. This team has shown that (at times) it can play with anyone. Chances are we go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 and miss the PO, but things can happen and that keeps me cheering despite the pieces we are missing. Hey, stranger things have happened.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    The only problem here is......it's his OL.

Remember the big dialog all offseason about how there wouldn't be a single player on the roster or coach on staff if Jason didn't want them in Dallas?

But to some extent I agree with you.

Should Dallas add an entire pro bowl caliber offensive line to their top flight WRs, HoF TE and good QB with Murray thrown into the mix, I would guess the offense would be able to operate.

In a world where you have top quality players at every single position, things should work out.
  7. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    garrett, no matter what happens this year, has another season to prove himself
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,532 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Says who? On most teams he'd already be gone.
  9. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,764 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    Garrett is the problem for no other reason then him being responsable for that O-line. I like how he came in and cut the overpaid underperforming vets, but he replaced them with junk and that is why the team is so bad.

Apart from Smith, if you cut the rest of the squad they probably wouldn't be picked up by a team instantly. Think about that. It's frighing how poor the quality is.
  10. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    You don't know why you like him, that's why. If you kept the trolls out of the OP it would already be on page three by now with around 3-4 post.

The only thing I've seen from him is that we don't have any thugs anymore. Outside of that I haven't seen much. In fact I could argue that Wade is a much better HC the JG.
  11. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Wow, you clearly like to just talk for the sake of talking. This is two responses that are completely absurd and unrelated to the conversation, completely.

Has Garrett been the coach since the 90's? You guys are hilarious. You think a brand new coach is going to turn around a failing franchise in 2.5 years and take is to the Super Bowl right away. It's delusional, and that's being polite. Garrett has done a good job for a brand new head coach. Whether you want to believe it or not, that's your choice. Don't ruin it for those who do though. Who are you to ruin this guys thread with all of your trolling and negativity? You're like the rowdy guys who go into a peaceful bar where everyone is having a good time and ruin it for them. The only difference is you can be taken care of there.
  12. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    You're right. You have me all figured out you smarty pants you!!! I have no idea why I like him. I just argue with people for the fun of it. :D
  13. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    You can overhaul an entire OL in 2 years? Lol
  14. dallasfan4lizife

2,769 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    says jerry jones.

i was completely against the hire to begin with. for the life of me, I

have no idea how anyone supported it, i mean he couldn't even handle the

offense when he was OC. But he'll get another year regardless of what any

fans want
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    I haven't seen you give me anything. I know why Hos likes him.
  16. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I think Garrett is a good guy, i am rooting for him. I think he is in over his head. He is handicapped with an offensive line that is offensive. His play calling doesn’t seem to make sense. His game management is below average. The Cowboys looked flat today and i think Garrett has to take credit for not having them ready.
  17. dallasfan4lizife

2,769 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    btw, this is probably one of the worst o-lines assembled in the past 10 years...for any team
  18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    And that's why we will be posting these same threads next season instead of rejoicing about how great so and so played, etc.
  19. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I've said numerous times why I do. I'm not repeating myself and then defending myself over and over. Look it up if you don't believe me.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    ...says the dimwit banging his head against the wall. Preach that garbage somewhere else.