1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Nov 18, 2012.

1. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    you do???

I've had debates with him of plenty on this topic, and still have no idea why he supports garrett.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I think it's really sad that people are throwing a request for patience into the mix at all.

If there wasn't a huge gaping hole in the area where results usually go I'm betting that nobody would complain.

How much time does Garrett need? I'm not talking until Dallas is a real contender.....not right now. I just want to know at what point I can expect a consistent offense that puts up points. 6th season currently under his calling......when should we look for things to be good in that specific area?
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Man!! Did you guys hear JG preach in the locker room post game.

Goosebumps*
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    It might be the worst in all of the Cowboys history.
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,371 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    I don't either, but I respect his opinion even though I think he's out of his mind.
  6. a_minimalist

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure he can preach it here. Just like you guys do! Nice try though slick
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,319 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    lol??
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    This logic is piss poor. A win doesn't equate to good play and loss doesn't equate to bad play.
  9. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,636 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Its absolutely amazing that there is still a Garrett fan club. Yeah, he made some second half adjustments today and deserves some credit for that, but his body of work since 2007 is one of near complete failure. This is the guy who thought Brad Johnson could still play, Derrick Dockery was a good idea and Kevin Ogletree was a legitimate WR. This is the man who shows a complete lack of awareness of situational football, can't manage the clock to save his life in pressure situations, goes for the kill when leading by 4 in FG range and who goes conservative when he needs to keep the ball out of the other teams hands.

The guy is a complete disaster, but some people continue to think he is some kind of genius. Of course, there were people defending Wade until the very end. Its just more evidence of the post-fact world we now live in. Garrett is total garbage.
  10. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Hey, quick question? How quickly do you want results? Now?
  11. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,776 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    More hope and kool aid for those who dont really need any more of it.
  12. a_minimalist

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    This 6th season talk is irrelevant. Only as a head coach do you have the authority you need to take over a team. It's been 2.5 years. I don't have a number for how long it takes. I only know it's not now.
  13. a_minimalist

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    But it does equate to a win which seems pretty logical. The only problem is that people don't act like it's a win.
  14. Austin 3-16

Austin 3-16 Member

165 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The team does have fight in them and JG deserves for that.
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,205 Messages
    5,711 Likes Received
    the same rob ryan who before last season was calling his players the best defensive players in the league?
  16. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Agreed. The last minute loss to the Ravens we probably played much better. Yeah we scraped by against a pretty poor team. Now we are 5-5 and in a bad division. Maybe we can make something happen.
  17. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    A single win is a poor proxy for future success.
  18. a_minimalist

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Umm, excuse me. That doesn't count to these people. That's not good enough. They are whiny fans who want a complete 180 degree change in 2.5 years. How dare you give him credit for ANYTHING!!! He's done nothing for this team, remember that! ;)
  19. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Please, tell me more.
    How would you describe a single loss?
  20. a_minimalist

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I didn't realize my post indicated that. Interesting attempt to read between the lines. They just weren't my lines. I never said a single win meant anything. You're making that up in your mind.