1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett is least of cowboys problems

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,848 Messages
    2,054 Likes Received
    I said "A" problem, not THE problem.

But for the sake of arguing...

Those old Cowboys coaches were not really part of bad teams early on, but rebuilding teams. Thats a big difference. All those guys have had problems i.e. players not buying into Coughlin's requirement to be at meetings 5 minutes early. Just like players have bad seasons, so too can coaches. A great career does not eliminate past mistakes.
  2. the playmaker

the playmaker Member

179 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    agree 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,963 Messages
    808 Likes Received
    Take away Brady and what do you have in Bellicek as a HC? I guess one could make the argument that Brady saved Bellichek as a HC. Without Brady, I doubt he does much. And Brady was basically a throw-away 6th rd pick, stab in the dark, if you will. One could also make the argument that Bellichek made brady what he is.

I seriously doubt Garrett would ever get another head coaching gig if he gets fired in a year or so.
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,977 Messages
    2,482 Likes Received
    Jason, is that you?
  5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,977 Messages
    2,482 Likes Received
    Without Spygate, neither of them... I digress
  6. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Well-Known Member

1,634 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    No way Tony is a bigger problem that Garrett, especially since Romos biggest problem is Garrett. Jerry needs to give up the GM hat, but Garrett is a bigger problem than him as well.
  7. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,351 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    What is sad is that you can take your post and black out any reference to the Cowboys organization and most people would assume you are talking about the Raiders.

The Cowboys have become the Raiders minus the jumps suits.
  8. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Dan Bailey wants to speak with you:D
    khiladi likes this.
  9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,721 Messages
    3,072 Likes Received
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Romo is more of a problem than Opie

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Good joke thread.
    HoustonSucks likes this.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Jerry has been the biggest problem in Dallas for longer than Garrett has even coached. That is not an attempt to defend Garrett by any means. Dallas simply can not win with Jerry as a GM. The only break in power was when The Big Tuna took his turn and the result was a team that topped out with a 13-3 record. I think that little run has about played out. Romo , Ware and Witten are declining and won't last much longer. I believe that run made Jerry dig in that much deeper as GM because of the fear of somebody else getting the credit for building a good team. Jerry is the problem that isn't going away. Firing Garrett might add a couple wins a year, but Jerry will still be pulling the strings. Getting rid of Romo may result in a few more loses, but what is the advantage of winning six games instead of eight? There is not much IMO. Only a slightly lower draft position. Resigning Romo was a bad decision and it cost too much to get rid of him at this point. Garrett needs to go, but Jerry will still be there to keep this team in a state of mediocrity .
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,392 Messages
    6,622 Likes Received
    Just a few days ago I read several times he is having a career year this year.
  12. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Somebody or something has to be blamed for the offensive failures. Suppose if you're a huge Garrett fan and want him absolved of blame the only other person you can blame is Romo.

I personally look forward to the do we scrap his horrible offensive scheme and move forward.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,816 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Seven years this quarterback and this coach have been together.

If you look at Peyton Manning and see how long it took him to make Denver competitive with new coaches, then you have to ask yourself a question or two.

1. Why are Jason Garrett and Tony Romo not on the same page and thriving. Seven years is long enough for Romo to be dominating this league? He has had the talent to do so, but it seems to fall short.

2. If 1 is correct, and it is, then is it Romo or Garrett?

This should be a pair that thinks as one and sees the weakness of every defense and cuts it apart.

But they are not.

Is it Romo, who takes the team down and wins games late with his skill set?

Or is it Garrett who has consistently called plays that defenses can read and defend?

Garrett is not a great head coach, and if it were not for talent that this team does and has had, he would not be 8-8 and have kept this job.

Except for the fact that he is the illegitimate child of Jerry Jones and Carrot-top.

Sorry OP but you are wrong.

If you were to encapsulate this offensive team into one word, what would be the most obvious word of all.

UNDISCIPLINED

Seven years and this guy cannot stop the penalties.

Garrett is a huge problem.
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,044 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    It is hilarious. The same guys who emerge when we lose, disappear when we win. It is so transparent that some on this forum are actually encouraged when we lose. Sad. I admit that I disappear for a day or so when we lose. But its not because I won't own my views, it is because losing depresses me :) Anyone on here who wants us to lose and finds encouragement in it should hand in your fan card ;) :)
  15. TwoDeep3

6,816 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Please point them out because I have been reading and posting here for over ten years, even back at the original site and have yet to see anyone that wants this team to lose.
  16. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,044 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    Wasn't referring to you, and no, I'm not going to point anyone out. If the shoe fits.... But there are absolutely folks who go silent after wins and come out loudly after losses. Enough said, not trying to stir anything, more of a momentary smh observation reading some of the posts.
    5Stars likes this.
  17. TwoDeep3

6,816 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    I wasn't picking a fight. It is my contention everyone that is a Cowboy fan here wants this team to win.

I am pretty cynical and yet I cannot believe anyone wants the team to lose.

Apologies if I said it wrong and you thought I was starting something. Mea culpa.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Many fans see the heat that comes from losing as the only way to get change in this organization. The sad part about that approach is that they are right. The problem with Jerry making changes is that the changes he makes are not the changes that are needed.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,044 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    No, you didn't say it wrong. You were fine. And I'm not trying to start anything either. I actually saw a guy two weeks ago admit that he wanted us to lose so that there would be firings, etc... Doesn't matter, to each his own. :)
  20. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,943 Messages
    1,610 Likes Received
    If JG gets fired and Romo gets cut on a same day. Guess who's phone will be ringing and have a job the next minute?

JG is our Jim Zorn. Both played QB in the NFL, both started their coaching career as QB coach and was made OC and HC way too soon for their own good.