1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Isn’t Going Anywhere, Yet

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    by ***** Flores

Thursday’s debacle at the hands of the Washington Redskins has opened up a can of worms for Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett.

After the game, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he’s not sure if his team can finish with an 8-8 record. Wait; did Jones let the cat out of the bag, as far as Garrett’s future is concerned? Does he really doubt Garrett’s coaching abilities?

While one speculates Jones will fire Garrett, I just don’t see that happening. We must remember that Jones handpicked Garrett to be his head coach. Garrett, if you recall, was a very young coach in terms of experience when he left Miami to become Dallas’ offensive coordinator.

LINK Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/23/jason-garrett-isnt-going-anywhere-yet/?jxj5PqVc1GYFBqoD.99
  2. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,400 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    These aren't growing pains. These are the pains of watching an incompetent head coach piss away Romo's, Witten's, and Ware's careers.
  3. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,106 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    If we don't make the playoffs and drop our last game to the Skins, JG will be gone.
  4. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,955 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    unless this is tom flores writing then i put more stock in posters on here than this turd.
  5. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,056 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    The only way Garrett should stay is if the team wins out.

Even then, it still might not make the playoffs because he's already put us into a big enough hole, and JJ has already said playoffs and some noise in them were his expectations for this team.
  6. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The only way Jason is gone, Is if the team quits on him. Like it did Wade
  7. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,025 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I'm not sure Jerry is as patient as this guy thinks.
  8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,127 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    He's just stating his own opinion on the matter. I don't think he's saying he has inside knowledge.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,556 Messages
    5,289 Likes Received
    Dumb article/bad opinion, however you want to slice it.
  10. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,261 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I think Jerry's comments on 8-8 speak for themselves. That is good for us as fans in terms of replacing this coach. But it still doesn't cure our GM problem...
  11. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,117 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Garrett is the worst coach in the league.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,127 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    You must don't watch other teams. I've seen 6 coaches today alone who are worse and it starts with Pat Shurmur.
  13. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,106 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    No, but it does open the door for a possibly sensible HC hire, as has been done a couple of times previously during Jerry's regime.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,355 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    That isn't realistic.
  15. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,400 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Thankfully.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,226 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    I think you might be right now that Raheem Morris is not a HC anymore.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,420 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    Only a fool would look at consecutive 8-8 seasons as any sort of progress.

Jerry can lie with the best of them but spinning your wheels and getting nothing out of it isn't in his DNA. He's far too antsy.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,556 Messages
    5,289 Likes Received
    This isn't true, at all. There are lots of reasons why teams can have consecutive 500 seasons that have nothing to do with the head coach.
  19. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,402 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received

How about the QB having to tell the WRs where to line up 35 games into the new coach's regime. Is that progress?

How about leading the league in penalties 35 games into the new coach's regime. Is that progress?

How about gross mismanagement of the clock and timeouts 35 games into the new coach's regime. Is that progress?

Name me one thing that has improved under Garrett that can be considered progress (Jerry could not do it, can you?)
  20. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,935 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    This ^ :bow:

Yes everyone knows the OL is a major weakness and if it was stronger the offense would be better but like Beast is stating the penalties and mismanagement of the clock/timeouts isn't any better than it was when Jason took over! Remember he's been here since 2007 and been part of the problem for all of these years!