1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jason Garrett on Jerry Jones saying changes are coming: ’8-8 is not good enough

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 2, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,916 Likes Received
    By Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com
    4:48 pm on January 2, 2013 | Permalink

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett responded Wednesday afternoon to his owner’s vow earlier Wednesday that changes are coming at Valley Ranch.

Garrett said on KRLD-FM 105.3 that he agrees that changes need to be made after a second consecutive 8-8 season.

“The specifics of that I don’t want to get into,” Garrett said. “The 2012 season ended with us being 8-8, so no one knows the importance of making changes more than I do and more than the people who are involved with this football team do. 8-8 is not good enough. It’s not good enough for anybody. We have to make it better and the only way to make it better is by making some changes and there are a lot of personnel changes that are made in 32 NFL cities after every season. That is just part of how this business is done, so we’ll go through that and we want to make sure we make the right ones. And then we have to evaluate what we’re doing on offense, defense and in the kicking game and make the necessary changes there.”

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ming-8-8-is-not-good-enough-for-anybody.html/
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,844 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    did he say this right after saying "i liked how we finished out the year"

how many coaches finishing out losing the last 2 games would say that?
  3. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I really hope him and Jerry don't throw Rob Ryan under the bus.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,535 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Bye Decamillas..............take the punter with you.
  5. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Screw that, he had to coach with both hands tied behind his back with all the injuries. The thought probably hasn't even crossed Jerry's mind.
  6. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I can see them throwing their hands up in the air and saying "he was the problem". It at least buys Jerry another year with Red.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,203 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received
    Unfortunately he keeps saying "we"
  8. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

792 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I'm confused... I read that article 2 more times after your post and cannot, for the life of me, see anywhere that he said that. Help me out.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,844 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    it was in another of his interviews

just making the point that this guy is completely blind to his short-comings
  10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,763 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received

He was part of the problem....this defense was not good last year, way too many late game break downs...then the excuse was needing better players.....it was not that good this year before all the injuries.....
  11. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not to mention unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and plenty of bulletin board material for other teams to salivate on and make him pay for. I think he and his brother are too much a like in that their mouths and egos are way too big and never back up what they promise.

I understand the injury arguement and they may have been ranked high before the injuries began, but they were far from looking elite to me. I just can't recall a game the defense won for us this year as a unit. Sure Carr made a good play in Pittsburgh game, but I'm talking about start to finish and just owning control of the game.
  12. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    This has become a complete joke in Jerryland... SMH