1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett on Rob Ryan, pre-firing (Mid November)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rickjameschinaclub, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,855 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Its getting easier ...... they are all starting to adopt the same user pic
  3. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Maybe when the team starts playing football we'll start discussing it. I can't remember the last time I saw this team play some real football. This is part of the reason why I am so envious watching other hard hitting championship caliber teams playing the past few weeks.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,868 Messages
    2,345 Likes Received
    so when sean lee and jason witten say that garrett is a good coach and puts them in position to win and is the right coach for htis team, they are being honest and making factual statements

BUT

when garrett says similar stuff about ryan shortly before ryan gets fired, "he was just saying the right things" "holding the truth internally"

:rolleyes:

cant have it both ways guys

not sure what is more ironic, Garrett's statements or the Cult of Garrett defending him for it
  6. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,556 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    who said the players were totally being honest? to the media of all people....

In a lot of ways, the players do fudge their true feelings out of respect for their bosses. I mean, would you go out and publicly trash your boss to the media, even if it were true? not if you liked your job and in the case of these players - playing time, etc....

so no one is talking about having it both ways because it is naturally all the same, and I don't blame them for it. you would be niave to believe everything you read or hear in the media without taking it with a grain of salt

As far as defending Garrett, nah I have been one to think he should be fired. I can live with someone else calling the shots though and will give him a chance this year as HC if atleast he gives up the offensive playcalling duties.
  7. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This wasn't even shortly before being fired, this was when the defense was playing well despite all the injuries and the media was praising the defense. There was no reason for Garrett to 'hide' his true feelings when all was well at Valley Ranch in respect to the defense.

Besides your spot-on assessment of this cult of Garrett, people failed to understand the implications of this point.

In all honesty, I don't think Garrett has any trouble throwing somebody else under the bus to keep eyes off of him. The last season of Wade, in my opinion, was a clear example of this scape-goating, which Jerry also was complicit in.