1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Press Conference 12/31

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by StevenOtero, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    Seriously? Garrett thinks there's no reason to find a new playcaller?!

Thanks alot Cowboys, I don't think I'll care all that much next year
  2. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yep. I already don't care about next season. I'll watch, but this time I'll laugh when they lose instead of feeling sad.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I thought you guys said the team that Wade had when he was fired was full of talent or does that change with every argument? What happened there if Wade was better than Garrett will ever be?
  4. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You'll care again by training camp and drink the koolaid. Wash rinse repeat
  5. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,213 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    If Jerry Jones decides we need an OC, we will have one, and if Garrett quits, it will relieve Jerry of a tough decision.
  6. JimboWHO

JimboWHO Benched

24 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garret saw what 'clueless' got Wade so he turned on the STRONG PERSONA.

That was showtime for Jerry.

Wow. SO forced and fake.
  7. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

233 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    As did I. Believe though that he needs a playcaller to learn from and a new offensive scheme. I like JG as a head coach, but the questions I had about him being able to do both jobs was amplified last night
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,459 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    :signmast:

Took the words right out of my mouth...

That PC was an embarrassment. Just when I think I can't get more sick of the guy he proves me wrong.
  9. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,189 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Like I said after the 1st redskins game, Garrett will do just enough to convince Jerry not to pursue Sean Payton and he did.

Shoot he can't even lose right.:laugh2:
  10. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,903 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    lol... tell me what he could have said that would have made you feel better about him... besides I quit.
  11. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You completely avoided my question. It's amazing how inconsistent your gangs arguments are.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,459 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    How about not using that arrogant tone others mentioned.

How about not using the exact same "We'll use this as fuel for next year" line as he did last year after the Giants debacle.

How about not comparing your .500 "program" to Duke or other all-time legendary programs.

How about blaming yourself sometimes instead of subtly implying the players are at fault, they just haven't figured it out yet.

How about not claiming your players are learning how to fight due to your coaching and not their own characters.

How about apologizing to the fans for once like other coaches 100x better than he have done.

That's just for starters.
  13. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    The years are not an excuse for his playcalling, he has been here for over 5 seasons and its only getting worse with time.

Its so depressing to hear him talk about keeping playcalling and keeping same offense for Romo. I hope Jerry does something to fix this madness.
  14. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Really good press conference by him.

I really think alot about him as a HC. I am happy we have him in that position.

And i am happy the things he tries to establish showed up this year. A team that plays thru adversity. Plays for 60 minutes. A team thats always gives itself a chance to win a ballgame. A team that plays good thru december.

Thats all something Garett brought here.

As an OC he flat out sucks. I hope he can handle it mentally and bring in someone who knows how to get the job done. Otherwise someone can only hope that we dont get that kind of banged up on defense we got this year.
  15. TwentyOne

2,404 Messages
    50 Likes Received

Haha. from the beginning thats what i said. He would give you a good president. With the difference that at times he knows what he is talking about.
  16. TwentyOne

2,404 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    You are not the only one. I think we can be very happy to have a HC like Garett. He brings exact the things to a franchise that will make it successfull.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,127 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    Sean Payton was never in a position where Jerry Jones could pursue him. It had nothing to do with JG.
  18. TwentyOne

2,404 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    He is not talking about his playcalling he was talking about his HC qualities. Two things most here are not able to keep seperated. Maybe its lacking intellect ?! IDK - you tell me.
  19. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I have to laugh at "head coaching qualities". When was the last time a Garrett team looked ready for the first half? There is something SERIOUSLY wrong here.
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao:

I'm dying over here.