1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Press Conference 12/31

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by StevenOtero, Dec 31, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,510 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    I rolled my eyes and clicked it off when Garrett said " The Dallas football Cowboys."
  2. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Now, the sentiment behind this post I completely agree with. Someone needs to tell Jason that "New York Football Giants", or "St. Louis Football Cardinals", had to do with the fact that they had baseball teams with the same name as their football teams. "Football Giants" or "Football Cardinals" made the distinction.
  3. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    The team may have been emotionally ready to play, but the offensive scheme was flawed and not corrected based upon the opponents game plan. The offense was confused and out of synch all game long....we were simply out-coached again. And we ABSOLUTELY did not have 'plenty' of opportunities to beat the blitz. OTREE was open on the 1st pick, but in general, the RCVRs were not getting open at all. So we did not have 'plenty' of opportunities to beat the blitz. And we did not come up with any play calls/schemes to counter-attack it either.

Yes Romo was bad. I will not question that. But so was the offensive scheme and adjustments, just like it has been all season (except for 2-3 games). And Garrett cost us at least 3 points at the end of the half with his mind-boggling approach to game management. It is as repetitive an issue as Romo's lack of clutches is at this point. Honestly, with JG's IQ and ability to think systematically, it continues to shock me how he struggles at in-game scenarios that aren't that complex. It is extremely alarming. The complexion of the game is a lot different if we are up 10-7 going into half-time. Washington would be playing from behind...the two point conversion ties it.....etc.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

This guy is a clown. And some of you think he is a Cowboy?

The Dallas 'football' Cowboys?

Are you serious?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    Or Dean Smith!
    They hung him effigy and then he went on to have twenty-seven 20 win seasons, 23 straight NCAA tourneys, 11 Final Fours, a couple of titles...etc.

Had to get my Tar Heel chant in
  6. DFWJC

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    Or Tom Landry.

Started out with 6 straight non-winning seasons before taking off.
  7. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You're making too much sense right now. Just stop.
  8. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Ive got to hand it to Jason Ferrett taking over an expansion team with no expansion draft. 8-8!!! What an accomplishment!
  9. DFWJC

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
    One more.

Or Bill Belichick--who had 5 losing seasons out his first 6.:eek:

Ok, I'll stop now.
  10. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    a coach of 10+ years who got fired and had to work back up again.
  11. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You should try out for NFL coaching positions since you know so much! Seriously, I'd love to see you coach. I bet you'd win tons of Super Bowls with all you know.
  12. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Got a challenge for you 17yearswhichequals204months6,205daysandcounting

Why don't you produce the last post you have made that is completely positive about the Cowboys.

Just one. Nothing negative in your post. Lets see how many posts back you have to go, or maybe you can't find a single one.
  13. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Whats the point? Why does this team deserve positivity? They have been an embarrassment for 17 years. Im not going to go digging through the turds to find something positive. But I suppose that hope is all people like you actually have.
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Hmmm... I asked you to search your own posts and you describe it as "digging through the turds".... telling
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,088 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    So why do you still watch them or talk about them? :confused:

I hate liver, and will not eat it. But, I don't go on to a liver forum and blast everything about liver for the past 17 years.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,683 Messages
    2,418 Likes Received
    The weakest argument of anyone who has no point.

Quincy Carter played QB better than anyone on this board. Guess nobody should've ever criticized him, right?

Back to the press conference, if someone who never saw a game this year watched that PC, they'd think we had an amazing year. Garrett props this team and the job he did this year as much as any coach I've ever seen. God only help us if Jerry buys his BS that an NFL team in the year 2012 needs years and years to build a "program" like Duke or North Carolina. :rolleyes:

Then he goes on about what a great job we did finishing this year. Really, going 0-2 to finish at .500? What a joke this guy is.

And it's pathetic the way our local media laps up his BS. Absolutely pathetic.
  17. 5Stars

26,088 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

BOOM! Son....
  18. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Im a fan. I have been since I was born and was raised in a household of Cowboys fans. What kind of question is this? This is a big of a joke as Jason Garrett as head coach.
  19. 5Stars

26,088 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received

After Holmgren does not come to Dallas, what other coach are you going to put into you sig?
  20. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Bitter... very bitter....

By the way, big difference between you (though I completely disagree with you about Garrett), and some of these guys who do nothing but live to argue with people and don't say a single positive thing about this team.

I don't think you want to put yourself on the same side as some of these guys, even if they agree with you on Garrett.