1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jason Hatcher: As of right now, we’ve got the right guys to win a Super Bowl

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 20, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    SportsDayDFW.com
    SportsDayDFW.com The Dallas Morning News
    Published: 19 January 2013 07:24 PM

Cowboys defensive end Jason Hatcher joined the Ben & Skin show on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM on Friday. Here are some highlights from the interview.

On what he’s thinking for the NFL draft:
    “I really don’t care. They’re bringing the guy in to take me job, so I don’t really care much.”

On if he’ll still pay attention to the draft:
    “Not at all. I’m just going to focus on me and the player I can be. This is a replacement business, so I’m going to fight my butt off not to get replaced. I’m not paying attention to that. As of right now, we’ve got the right guys to win an NFL Super Bowl, so I’m excited about it. Whatever they do in the draft, let them do it.”

On his golf game:
    “I started two year’s ago and I’m pretty darn good I would say.”

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE FULL INTERVIEW
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,784 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    inb4 "talk is cheap" "shutup and play"

Love his confidence in himself and our guys. Can't wait to see him play next year.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    We could be on the cusp. Or not.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    no we don't. Not at the moment
  5. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I want to call him delusional but im sure every player in the league thinks like him. Theyre a lot more easily biased in that regard because theyre out there playing. Obviously were not talented enough for that so this shows how you shouldnt take players seriously when it comes to evaluating talent.
  6. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I hope he improves this off season, because he was nothing special this year.
  7. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,912 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    when did hatch become the teams spokesman?

this guy is too dumb(along w/ ware and spencer) to realize you cant hit the QB upside the head after he releases the ball.
  8. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Or before, for that matter.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    I will add that most also do not want to throw their team mates under the bus and some see it as that if they say yes we need players at this or that position.

With that said I don't know how anyone (player, coach, fan or GM) can look at how our Oline played and go into next season with the same players and still think we could win a superbowl...scary thing is I think Jerry might just do that exact thing.

On an unrelated note.

When did Jason Hatcher start speaking in exaggerated Irish...They’re bringing the guy in to take ME job
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Last time he was honest and said we had no leaders, he was crucified. He's not gonna make that mistake again. Smart man.
  11. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

428 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I guess Hatcher doesnt watch the NFL playoffs - that's the only explanation for his comment that we have guys to win a Super Bowl. Did he notice the teams in the playoffs can pressure a QB and cover receivers downfield ? They also seem to be able to run plays with the players knowing where to line up and no false starts every 3 plays. And real Olines with running games. Amazing stuff to see. Yah, we're close.
  12. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    For a JAG, Hatcher gets alot of press. He is an average "ROLE" player who acts like he is JJ Watt. We need Pressure Players who rush the passer instead of Players with big mouths. Just go about your business of playing football and stop talking to the Media.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    He's better than average. He was the best DE on this team, easily.
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Was this quote from 2007 or 2010?
  15. PAINFROMUKRAINE

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Better than average equals an 8-8 Team. I want him to be excellent. Jason is a nice rotaional player. We need a game-changer. Crawford seems like he may develop into a game-changer type of player.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    He was pretty good this year.
  17. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hatcher's good but he's not great. The DT free agent list is thin, so he's a player I'd consider trading for the right deal.

That quote of his is divisive. So he's not interested in new players coming in - in fear of losing his job to them - but what's selfish about that is that he was the same guy last year yapping about who was gonna lead him.

Lead you to do what Hatch, to take their job? So it's okay for someone to prop you up but not okay for you to prop up a rookie?

That does not sound very teamwork-oriented, which is part of what it means to be the right kind of guy.
  18. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Hatch is about three- or four levels above a JAG. The guy is solid. IIRC he ranked out as the sixth-best 3-4 DE in the league last year - I may be off by a bit, but he's up there - and over the last two seasons, we haven't had a better D-line rusher. Not even the mighty Jay Ratliff.
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Hmmm we shall see...
  20. PAINFROMUKRAINE

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I will take the JRAT over Hatcher anytime & anyday. I had high hopes for Hatcher after we drafted him but he has been just an average player who talks just a bit to much. Let your play on the field do the talking.