1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Watkins is off my list..

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Chris in Arizona, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,614 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Does anyone know how many reps Trevor Canfield of Cincinnati did? That kid has a mean streak.
  2. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    29 reps.
  3. dmoore

dmoore New Member

449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Meredith a lot. He moves well for his size. I don't think tackle's our biggest need, but there's a very good chance that the best player available at our pick is a tackle. It's a pretty solid class, with some legitimate LT prospects.
  4. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The main weakness with Jason Watkins is that he is said to have a stiff back and is a waist bender. He needs to bend his knees.

Watkins needs a redshirt year to get stronger and work on technique.

Phil Loadholt could be an immediate swing guy for Dallas. Most reports have him moving to RT, but I've read some reports where he could be play LT. It just might not be his best position. He's been arrested twice if Scott Wright is correct. That goes against him.

I know many don't like him, but if he fell to late round two, you could move up and snag him ahead of the Steelers aftter you picked at # 51.

Vela thinks he's a candidate for # 51.

IMO, the Cowboys, Bears, and Steelers will all be looking at these three guys:

Herman Johnson
    Due Robinson
    Phil Loadholt
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,281 Messages
    1,170 Likes Received
    I really like that kid as well.

Looks like a solid interior guy.

Need to know how football smart he is but if he can make proper line calls he could be a long time starter at Center.

BTW, Louis Vasquez from Texas Tech killed the bench with 39 reps.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,281 Messages
    1,170 Likes Received
    btw, I would never draft an OL that can not do 20 reps at 225.

I am 5'11", 205 with long arms for my body type so I can gauge the difficulty of the exercise. And with 2 other guys of near the same proportions and all in the mid 30's or older we all use 225 as a warm up weight. Doing 20 should be cake for any OL who is in any type of shape.

If a guy can't do 20 reps then he is likely not going to be a very good blocker with the game on the line in the 4th quarter.
  7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jamon Meredith just ran a 5.03, that's 2nd so far to Nebraska's Lydon Murtha who ran a 4.89 at 306lbs. wow, dude is 6'7" also