1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Witten Pass Int Call...video

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by eduncan22, Sep 14, 2006.

1. eduncan22

eduncan22 Benched

2,384 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,140 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    It was a good call. You can't extend your arms.

There may have been a bit of flopping in there a bit, but rules are rules.

Probably would have been 6 if he wouldn't have done it anyway.
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a very iffy call. Michael Irvin got away with that at least once a game, every game.

The biggest issue I have is, if you're going to call a ticky tack PI like that, then yuo have to call the one on Reggie Williams when he hurled Henry to the ground in the endzone.
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He pushed off. Get on with your life.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    that, or call PI on both Mathis and Witten, cuz from looking at the play, it was Mathis who was grabbing onto Witten 1st, causing Witten to extend his arms, but then again, Witten could have drawn the PI call on Mathis if he just turned around
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    again, if that was PI why wasnt it called on the TD Henry gave up...it was clearly more obvious and had a direct impact on the play

David
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I think it is a call that could have gone either way but Witten did extend his arms and that is considered a push off. I would have loved to see a no call there but I can't fault the ref for doing his job.
  9. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Henry is lucky they did not call the PI on him, he ran into the WR and was never in a position to make a play on the ball
  10. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    only two ways to miss a call like that...either you werent looking or you missed it on purpose...since the official was clearly looking right at them, leaves only one other possibility

David
  11. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,460 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I think we win if we get that touchdown. That strictly counts as pass interference in my book, but I have to admit they don't usually call it. I can't tell you how many games I've wondered if they ever call offensive PI anymore--and then two on us in one game!!
  12. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you need to watch the replay clip again

David
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It is technically offensive pass interference, and now let's see if the refs consistently call it throughout the year. Especially against other All Pro caliber players.

Don't hold your breath.
  14. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I did and I'm not going to sit here and blame the refs for our own poor play. Henry engaged the WR on that play both WR and Henry were pushing on each other thus is ended up being a no call. Witten extended his arms I have seen that called in the past and as I said I have seen that go as a no call as well so that call could have gone either way. I watched the play as more than just a Cowboys fan but as a fan of the game of football so I'm not going to look at this with a bias attitude or under the delusion that some how the refs had it in for us. Heck I though we had some close calls go ourway
  15. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Unless you get the same crew chances are it is not going to get called exactly the same. I hate to say it but PI tends to be that particular refs interpretation of the rule. Some refs are stricter than others.
  16. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never said the refs cost us the game, but the refs blew that no call on them...if that was PI on Witten, it most certainly was on Williams as well...Williams clearly interfered to create an opportunity to catch the ball, if he doesnt pull henry out of the way there is no chance for him to even get his hands on the ball...I dont think you can say the same about Witten's play

David
  17. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Henry engaged Williams on the play and was just as guilty of contact as the WR was. On Witten play he ran up on the defender extended his both arms which allowed seperation and turned to catch the ball. Had Witten not extended both arms chances are it would have gone as a no call.
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    uh, Mathis engaged the contact on Witten too, if you look at it again, Witten only extends his arms after Mathis has both of his hands on him, the reason it was called was because the ref saw the ball coming towards Witten, and Witten pushing off to get away from Mathis, OPI, same thing that Reggie and Henry did, only it wasn't called on Reggie like it was on Witten

again, if Witten didn't extend his arms, and just turned around, PI most certainly would have been called on Mathis, just the only problem we have is, that in a same situation, they didn't call the PI on Reggie
  19. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Sorry I did not see it that way and the ref did not either. Now I have no doubts about my loyalty to the Cowboys and I do feel I have a pretty good understanding of the game and the rules of the game just as you do but yet we see the same plays in the clips yet we don't see it the same.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    so you didn't see both of Mathis' hands on Witten before he extended his arms? it's clear as day

we're just asking that the refs show some consistency in their calls