1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jaws Wouldnt Take JFF in the First 3 Rounds - Yet Jerry Praises Johnny

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,888 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    Who's more on target - Jerry or Jaws?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...i-wouldnt-take-manziel-in-first-three-rounds/

Ron Jaworski: I wouldn’t take Manziel in first three rounds
    Posted by Josh Alper on February 26, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
    [IMG]AP
    Most of the discussion regarding Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel’s football future has centered on whether he will go in the first three picks.

Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski is taking a contrarian view. During an interview on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, Jaworski was asked about the Eagles meeting with Manziel at the combine and said he liked the idea because it is a way of stockpiling information on a player you’re likely to play against at some point.

As for the idea of taking Manziel? Jaws isn’t so keen on that for the Eagles or anyone else in the league.

“I’m a big believer in Nick Foles, but who knows?” Jaworski said. “Manziel may fall. I’m not crazy about him, to be honest with you. I’ve only looked at five games. I wouldn’t take him in the first three rounds. That’s my opinion. It’s incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me.”

Jaworski has always taken strong opinions about quarterbacks and they don’t always follow the orthodoxy, so it’s probably fair to say that he doesn’t mind being an outlier on this front. Still, it would be perhaps the greatest shocker in the history of the draft if Manziel were available on even the second day of this year’s draft.
  2. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Jaws also said Kellen Clemons and Matt Moore would be stars and that Kaepernick will be the best of all time so....
    Carharris2, Ken, Muhast and 5 others like this.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Jaws is jealous. Simple as that.
  4. p_tubbs

p_tubbs New Member

12 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jerry is only trying to build Johnny's value up in hopes that if he falls someone will want to trade into our spot to get him.Jerry has no plans to select him.
    casmith07 likes this.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,151 Likes Received
    I like hearing Jaw's opinions but the guy doesn't exactly have a 100% accuracy rate when it comes to predictions.
    CowboyGil, pjtoadie, Wayne02 and 2 others like this.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,814 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    I would not take Manziel in the top of the first round; maybe around 20 or so. I think he has serious questions about his ability to take big hits and not run so much; and can he take the day to day constant pressure of being a franchise QB.
  7. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    But he's got a cool moustache.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  8. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Anyone else ever get the feeling that Jaws says extreme things just to get his name out there sometimes? I would understand the argument if he was saying that he wouldn't take him in the first round, but not in the first three rounds?
    LatinMind, Wolf2k5, Wayne02 and 3 others like this.
  9. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    Jaws the ho.

I wouldn't take Manziel in the first round. But, I can't see not taking him in the first 3 rounds. To me, that's ridiculous. And because Jaws is so desperate for attention, he just can't say 'well, I wouldn't take him in the first round.' So instead he tries the preposterous statement to make the headlines.

Jaws the ho.

YR
    mcompact likes this.
  10. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,907 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    Jaws doesn't have any more credibility with me than Jerry does.
  11. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,116 Messages
    1,670 Likes Received
    And he says them with an extreme tone of voice. "EXPLOSIVE PLAYS!" OK, stop shouting at me Jaws........
    Section444 likes this.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,605 Messages
    5,516 Likes Received
    To his credit, Jaws is on SportsCenter defending his position this morning and sticking with his story.
    Section444 likes this.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Jaws said Russell Wilson was too short. So did Mel Kiper.

Credibility = zero.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  14. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    so why would you take him at 20.... doesn't make any sense.
    Little Jr likes this.
  15. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Isn't this the same idiot who said Romo is the 15th best QB in the league? This is a perfect example of ESPN manufacturing a story on a slow news day. Last year during training camp Jaws said he thinks Kaepernick has the potential to be the best QB of all time. His idiocracy is right up there with Screaming A Smith and Skip Bayless IMO.
  16. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

947 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Jaws is a dumm
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Everyone favors people who are like themselves... And Jaws was a big, strong-armed, immobile pocket passer. Total opposite of Manziel.
  18. Death Star

Death Star Member

346 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Haha watched 5 whole games to form this opinion did ya Jaws, good job buddy thanks for this hard hitting analysis.
  19. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    If Manziel has half a brain, no way he wants to get drafted by the Cowboys. They ruin players by not coaching them up and making them feel entitled. No accountability as long as Jones is at the top.
  20. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,210 Messages
    683 Likes Received
    Its mostly jerry,he really pampers the players..