1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Crawford on First Take today made the dumbest statement ever about Tebow

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Jan 17, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I was stunned when Crawford made this stupid statement below.

Cordell: "I don't think Tebow is a starter"

Crawford: "So what does he have to do for you to believe he is a starter?

Cordell: "If the Broncos are winning in December then I will say he is a starter"

Crawford: :Well he did win 7 out of 8 games this season"

Cordell: "I want to see if Tebow can repeat his performance next year"

Crawford: HE HAS TO DO IT AGAIN???

HUH??? Why wouldn't he have to do it again if Tebow is still getting a check? is Jay Crawford ********?-lol
  2. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,572 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    Was that the Dumb and Dumber segment?
  3. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I'm still stunned that jay wanted to know if he still has to prove himself. Really he should be fired for that dumb comment
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,509 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    what an idiot...

its a what have you done for me lately league..if the answer is nothing-you are out the door
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    So what's dumb about it?

The guy lead his team to the playoffs and won a game.

I think it's pretty stupid of Stewart to say that Tebow needs to do it again while not being a starter.

How the hell is he supposed to do it again if you don't have the guy starting?
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you got fired for one dumb statement Skip would've been fired a long time ago.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Cordell is saying he shouldn't start at all. but said that if he does start then he would have to lead his team to the playoffs again in order for him to give tebow credit.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,946 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    I don't know if Tebow will or not but I'm willing to bet that if he does Cordell will simply change his criteria.

Then it will be "Well he has to do it this way."

Then if that happens it will be another thing before he can give him credit.

Thats the way it works. It's human nature for people to refuse to admit they were wrong. Instead they simply change the point of their stance or the criteria or whatever to avoid admiting they were wrong.

We see numerous examples of it on these forums pretty much on a daily basis.
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Kordell should give the refs credit for helping them make it to the SB in 95.....he was out of bounds when he caught the winning TD pass against the Colts......the Cowboys should have played Indy in 95.....
  10. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,696 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    Plenty is dumb and wrong with it. So would you be satisfied with having those results if that was the team you rooted for you? I hope not. That's like the Cowboys in 09 being satisfied with winning a playoff game and then getting clobbered by the Vikings. That is a horrible mentality. Tebow and the Broncos should want to duplicate or better what they did this season and get further next season. Don't be satisfied with what you accomplished.