1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Glazer has been out of action due to double pneumonia

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 16, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,268 Messages
    7,118 Likes Received
    We wondered about where Glazer was on Tuesday, and the answer was something we didn't expect at all - he's in the hospital battling double pneumonia after a back procedure went wrong. The details from TMZ are, well, horrifying.
    Glazer was having a back procedure to treat a broken disc Tuesday morning ... but shortly after doctors put him under he got sick and started choking on his own vomit -- the fluid ended up filling BOTH lungs.

Glazer was rushed to an L.A. area hospital where his breathing was so shallow his blood oxygen level dropped into the 70s (90-100 is normal) -- which over any prolonged period can easily turn into a life or death situation.

This is just depressing. Glazer is one of the best reporters out there, and it's truly a shame to see him in such dire straits because of what he thought was a minor procedure.

Read more: http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014...en-out-of-action-due-to-double-pneumonia.html
  2. Sarge

Sarge Happy New Year! Staff Member

21,130 Messages
    1,976 Likes Received
    Wow. I hope he has a full recovery. Terrible news.
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Man wish him the best.
  4. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

1,172 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Was actually hanging in his mothers home in VT this weekend. She didn't seem overly worried I think the article is over done
    casmith07 likes this.
  5. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    Goes to show why there's no such thing as "minor" surgery.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Someone forget to tell him to come on an empty stomach?
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,268 Messages
    7,118 Likes Received
    Well, he was certainly playing it up on twitter.. Check his timeline --> https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/with_replies

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer Mar 11
    For those asking i had a minor back deal today that unfortunately took a pretty scary turn for the worse while under. Now been hospitalized
    Will be off the grid while I try to get better but I expect to crush this and be up and around hopefully this week
    Crazy morning, lungs aspirated during routine procedure, now in hospital w double pneumonia>>"@jasonrmcintyre: NFL Free Agency no fun for @JayGlazer: routine back procedure turned into a trip to the ER. Anesthesia led to vomiting, choking and pneumonia"

I am incredibly humbled everyone by all your kind tweets, prayers and thoughts. Truly honored and can't thank you all enough. I feel blessed
    Didn't have the best night and AM, struggled breathing throughout evening. But my plan is to get out in time to do ufc for fox this weekend

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer Mar 13
    Continued thanks all for the outpouring of love. I remain hospitalized fighting double pneumonia after both lungs aspirated during procedure
    You guys have never meant so much to me and in and out of treatments I have been reading each tweet thankful to GOD for a life like this

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer Mar 14
    Home sweet home. Just released from hospital!!! Appreciate all the well wishes and those who dropped by. So glad to recover from my own bed
    I'm ok now gang. Just gotta fight through this double pneumonia crap and I will be good to go
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,222 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received