1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Glazer says Jerry is "stripping power" from Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jan 25, 2013.

1. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Blame it on whatever you want....from Coast to Coast across America from Pros to 8 year olds, to Coaches, to Fans to Players alike around the NFL, pros or cons.....we all know the only one real problem with your Dallas Cowboys and everyone knows what that problem is.....
  2. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I can definitely agree with this. Patience, let Garrett work. We aren't going to get anywhere changing coaches every two years. Consistency and better drafting which is what has been happening.
  3. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

your definition is light .....and has a convenient out to attack when everything doesnt go perfectly......

with that definition I could argue every single GM in the league sucks....

hell we could start with the two SB teams.....
    if SF is so great how come weve been to the playoffs more than them in the last 17 years?...weve also won a SB since they have....

Ravens, if their GM is so great why did it take them till 4 years ago to find a QB?...why did he hire such a bad OC only to fire mid season?...not to mention the GM there offered the same HC we have now the HC job over Harbaugh ?

wanna talk about the Patriots?....they are so smart they have maybe the best QB to ever play the game yet they refuse to surround him with talent to finish the seasons....if they would build him a Defense and give him some WRs that can make plays he would have 6 rings by now

Steelers?....well what GM in their right mind would have a DC in is 70's?

history is an easy thing to dissect....

now give me a real definition, what experience level?....how many years?.....give me something to prove you have something in that big bag of nothing you brought
  4. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,139 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    Good Lord.

17 years, 1 playoff win. We should have won more than that just by accident in this watered down league.

You tell me what the problem is.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,436 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    And ultimately, it does not matter. What we need to concentrate on is things that can change, not things that won't. Jerry is not giving up being GM, best we can hope for is for him to fix the other problems with this 8-8 team.

Now, I didn't see Ryan as a problem, but I didn't see what he was doing on defense as a solution, either. It was just OK.

I do see Garrett's play-calling as a problem, so I'm happy we're trying something else.

I don't (yet) see Garrett's head-coaching ability as a problem. I thought he did a good job with the team handling the Brent situation. And he does seem to have a handle on some of the details of being a head coach.

I'll take the changes we've been given, along with hopefully a few personnel changes, and see what happens ... rather than sit here and worry about something I know that isn't going to change, Jerry running the team as GM.

I guess others are content constantly wringing their hands about it, but I don't want to spend my time as a fan that way.
  6. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    idiot fans who dont a football field from a playstation controller
  7. wileedog

10,139 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    Yes, we continually lose every season because of our fans and their love of gaming consoles.

Thank you for nailing that down, genius.
  8. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    no, its because idiots think that a 70 year old man in the owners box controls what happens on the field....he sets them up with the talent to win , they get to playoffs and fail....his fault?

stick to playstation your probably real good at it, ...genius

now back to the question at hand, give me a list of GMss with better resumes...( i know you cant, because the Madden 2013 manual doesnt list team GMs)
  9. wileedog

10,139 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    I'm starting to think you are just trolling, but is your argument really that the GM doesn't really matter?

I would take every single GM in the league over Jerry Jones right now.

Every. Single. One.

There is not a one with a continuous 17 year record of abject failure like his. None.

Jerry the Owner has already said he would fire the Jerry the GM. What more proof do you need?
  10. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    He's not setting them up with the right talent, or with enough talent.

Look, I don't know if you're married and if you are, I don't know your wife. But let's just say for example that your wife has been cooking the same crappy meal for 17 years. She tries her best and over the years has bought different brands of ingredients or tried different recipes but she just can't seem to nail it down.

Whose fault is it for the crappy meal? Do you blame the ingredients, or the person putting them all together?
  11. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    This tells you how delusional some fans are when they still defend Jerry the GM when HE HIMSELF ADMITS that he's not good at it.
  12. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,728 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    He always does. Happened with Jimmy. Happened with Parcells. And now, it appears it's happening with Garrett. I like to think that JG had a good amount of say in these changes, and maybe he did, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was just another example of Jerry giving control, then taking it back because he just couldn't help himself.
  13. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No, if your reading comprehension skills were a little better you would see that my argument started opposing those saying he is not a football man by showing you his credits, accomplishments and experience in the game of football ...and asking a few times for you to clearly define what experience you think a NFL GM should have, and to give me a list of NFL GMs with a better resume....i got answers like

and you call me trolling?.....

and ,I never said a GM didnt matter
  14. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    well, if in the last 24 years only 2 other woman on the planet has cooked as many good meals as she has 3, and 8 of the next 19 meals were really good i might would replace her but i wouldnt act as if she knows absolutely nothing about cooking
  15. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    another good thing about them, is that they work (or worked) for two organizations that believe making changes should be a last resort. Lebeau has been in Pitts I think going on 9 years. Jim Johnson was in Philly for 10 years. In 2005 the Eagles were 6-10 and here are some of the points their opponents scored: 31, 33, 49, 27, 42, 27, 31.

Jim Johnson may not have been around for 2006 if Jerry Jones was running the Eagles. I guess my point is that yes, Jim Johnson was very good, but he was given the opportunity to be very good by a patient front office that was not interested in quick fixes and tryin to catch lightning in a bottle. I can't say the same about Jerry Jones.
  16. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,556 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    call it stripping powers or whatever all you want, they are actually good moves by Jerry "if" you want Garrett to still be HC, otherwise the better move would be to fire Garrett.

For anyone to not see the problem with Garrett calling plays, well I just do not understand anyone not seeing it...
  17. RW Hitman

2,556 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    that right there is the key phrase, JG is not one of those guys so...
  18. RW Hitman

2,556 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    exactly, this is the truth right here.... people say this is Jerry interfering or whatever, but in reality this is only Jerry trying to give JG the benefit of the doubt when in reality this team might be better served by going a step further and firing JG altogether.
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    so he has no control of what happens on the field when they lose yet you give him credit for the control he had on the 3 super bowls...got it.
  20. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,977 Messages
    2,000 Likes Received
    all the players at the probowl? so Anthony Spencer?

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android