1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Glazer says Jerry is "stripping power" from Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    If Babe and Glazer are saying Jerry is stripping power then would anyone really bet money against what they are saying? I doubt it.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    This is definitely not going to end well. And I like the Kiffin hiring.

If we're firing and hiring coaches on the sage advice of Larry Lacewell, then we're in for a rough season.

Jerry must really dig the circus atmosphere
  3. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, whether it was Lacewell or not, we just picked up the best DL coach in the game, so that ain't bad.... Kiffin, considering age as and his being away from the NFL for a long time, I'm kind of unimpressed, despite his track record ...

Personally, in the end, I'm worried about maximizing the potential of Romo, which is not happening with the Red-Headed genius, because the team is going to live and die with him. The offensive play-calling is what needs to be hammered out...
  4. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And if they are stripping power away from him, this necessitates logically, that Garrett HAD power, meaning he can't be excused under some pretense that he was being 'interfered with'...
  5. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    On the flipside of that...perhaps Romo has been maximized.

Could indeed be to the best of Garrett's abilities...but also could be that Romo will never get any better.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    While I agree, I'm just pointing out that I don't like his influence returning to haunt the team.

Feels like an alcoholic returning to booze after a long layoff because he thinks he can handle it better now.

Eventually, Lacewell being involved again will burn us.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Nope.
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,372 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    So this is to be the narrative that we get forcefed this off season. How lovely.
  9. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's really a hard buy, considering the offensive line sucked and WRs couldn't run their routes right...
  10. SkinsandTerps

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    You have a budding star, a star at WR...Both have played their pro careers under Garrett. The Redskins OL has 2 good players. That's it. Same as the Cowboys.

Don't get me wrong, I am far from a Romo apologist, but I certainly don't feel that Garrett is the right guy.

They are all to blame. I simply blame Romo less than the other two.
  11. SkinsandTerps

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Nope what ? Some explanation ...just a tad ?
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Umm, Nope. That is exactly what I meant. Your statement was wrong.

I would write out a big fact driven explanation, but its a waste of my time I have done it hundreds of times, nobody cares.

I am especially not going to waste time explaining my position to a guy who says the cowboys bought there championships in the 90's.
  13. SkinsandTerps

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Did I say bought ? I don't recall saying "bought".

But sure. Maybe I did, I don't think so though... ehhh...

You should not have wasted your time responding to the last post then. Thanks though.
  14. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Good point
  15. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,466 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Appears to me that the organization is about to hit rock bottom again. We're looking at a return to the Campo years. Except this time, Jones doesn't need to trick any populace in the Dallas area into building him a stadium.

Jones is listening to Lacewell, hiring a washed up dinosaur for DC, and the icing on the cake, possibly hiring Derek Dooley, for WR coach or in any other capacity.

:laugh2: and how many more media sources do homers have left to try to discredit?

The Cowboys are going nowhere because of the egotistical old man running the show. It has little to do with Romo or Garrett, no matter the strong opinions on both amongst fans. I'm not a Jason Garrett fan, but his ability (or lack of it) will have minimal impact on this farce. Even with 2 HOFers and a good QB (albeit a flawed one), they've only made the playoffs once in 5 years, playing in a division that has been mostly mediocre.

The sad part for Cowboy fans is that Parcells had so many pieces in place for the organization to move forward, to become perennial contenders like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, New England. Thanks Jerry.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    You keep saying that. I don't think it means what you seem to think it means.

And again, it sounds to me like Glazer is actually saying positive things about the team's direction under JG and only that the recent coaching moves are puzzling--which they are.
  17. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Romo threw for 4903 yards, 290 ypg average, and averaged 40 attempts and 26 completions per game, threw a TD around a gathering of 23 pass attempts, and around every 15 completion, Romo threw a TD. He threw about 1.20 interceptions per game and was sacked once for every 18 dropbacks to pass.

Okay so here is the controversy for me. If the O-line was so bad, how could the offense manage so many attempts, so many completions, an incredible amount of overall output, and why would they keep trying to use a vertical game and keep maintaining a pass-happy offense if there was such a weakness in O-line? A lot of you claim that something greater would happen if Romo had more time, but it seems to me that for all of his attempts per game 40 and yards per game average 290, the O line did enough for Romo to have a huge year. Frankly it is much harder and tiring to sustain pass blocking for greater amounts of time than run block.

Not sure what more was supposed to happen there from the blocking...and why, if the O Line was so bad, why did Garrett continue to call the plays that are the most taxing to a weak line? I contend that the OLine was not weak but the other parts of Garrett's offense were not emphasized and underdeveloped.

But when teams who had watched film on Dallas and knew their tendencies, decided to attack the passing game and guard the typical routes, the rather one dimensional offense became vulnerable (36 sacks and 19 ints in tandem is one of Tony's worst years). Go back and watch the Falcon game with the MLB running into the secondary at the snap knowing that the defensive formation was going to bait the receivers to the deep third of the secondary AND although the middle of the field was exposed, the Falsons were confident (apparently) that Garrett would not change their routes to the weakness. Or go back and watch the Saints or the Redskins where LBs overloaded the OLine number of players blitzed almost on every pass play. If the offense were less one-dimensional, the options alone would create more time to throw.

It's really hard to know what the high frequency/high percentage short pass and running games could have done if there was a commitment to them. Dallas barely ran 20 times a game (5 times a quarter), and that includes Romo scampers. Tim Hasselbeck said that Jim Harbaugh puts a great deal of creativity in his running game-mixing up the directions and styles of the blocking schemes.

Even with injuries, the running game produced enough push and success to warrant greater frequency and use during a game (like in the first Giant game and the Pittsburgh game). The short passing game for YAC was a tremendous strength for the team and was underused IMO. Both the running game and the short passing game reduce the opportunity for Romo's vulnerability (see the Steeler game) and predictability.

It really does not matter how big, strong, fast or savvy your O Line is, if the defense can tell generally what play you are going to attempt and where you are going with the ball, they can find a way to both bait your mistakes and wreak havoc on your QB. Unless its Romo who finds a way to have one of his worst seasons with sacks and interceptions and yet amasses 4903 yards.
  18. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree... I was pointing more so that our coaching sucked, as OmegaSupreme just outlined in the previous post. That is the difference.
  19. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This right here... Unless of course, you have a line like a brick wall, but then again, DL also lift, exercise and practice, and train...
  20. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,212 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Exactly bro, pretty obvious what is going on.