1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jay Novacek Praises Jason Witten

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,417 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    Jay Novacek on Jason Witten: 'He's the best tight end that has ever played'
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,332 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    What he meant to say was, "He is the only tight end easier to tackle than myself." :p:
  3. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    High praise, indeed. I loved ... LOVED ... Novacek's TE playing efforts during his career. When he ultimately went down, falling victim to his career ending, lingering back injury, I was one who knew we'd lost a tremendously effective offensive weapon, and incredibly 'clutch' player. Who didn't recognize the loss? Heck, Jay Novacek made the Pro Bowl five straight years from 1991-95.

I will listen, intently, to anything Jay Novacek has to say because I so admire who and what he was as a Dallas Cowboy that much. It's easy to see he's right on target (allowing for some bias) with his stated opinion about Jason Witten, and he knows of what he speaks.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,926 Messages
    5,580 Likes Received
    Yeah, well....I disagree.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,062 Messages
    3,975 Likes Received
    But...we're in the process of turning on Witten over here! Should we switch to bashing Ratliff, or turn on Novacek?
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,926 Messages
    5,580 Likes Received
    I haven't seen anyone turn on Witten. But I have seen a few adults acknowledge he's on the downside of his career.
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    How's Jay doing anyhow? i know he suffered a horrible tragedy a few years ago.
  8. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    He is? Seemed like the one constant on the offense last year.
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Witten had one of his best seasons, too bad he seems like he won't fight for close yards anymore.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    I don't know about the best to have ever played... This guy name T. Gonzalez is pretty good and some dude name K. Winslow was OK.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,062 Messages
    3,975 Likes Received
    Good for you! It's so nice to have adults around this place to let us know who's in the process of washing up.

As I said, it's a process. Get back to me by midseason, and we'll see where we're at.
  12. pacy

pacy 82 WITTEN 82

221 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    no comment :D
  13. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I see you're torn on the subject, much the same as I am [not]. LOL! ;)
  14. Hostile

118,417 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    He actually remarried a few months after his first wife's suicide.

Leanne killed herself in February, 2010. Here's a picture taken in July and it says she is his wife.

[IMG]

Dallas Cowboys team owner Jerry Jones, right, talks with former Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek, center, and his wife Amy, left, following an afternoon practice at Cowboys training camp Saturday, July 31, 2010, in San Antonio.
  15. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  16. Tony33

Tony33 Benched

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love Witten one of my favorite players, but I don't think he is the best ever. Best TE ever for the Dallas Cowboys.
  17. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sorry to read his first wife, Leanne, killed herself. I hadn't known that. That's tragic for all involved.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    I think the big plays in the passing game are largely gone from his repertoire. He's not going to be making big gains down the seam like he used to IMO. That doesn't mean he isn't still a great/productive tight end, but he has lost a step. While I think his numbers might remain good, his ceiling isn't as high as it used to be.
  19. Hostile

118,417 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
  20. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I love Witten. I'm not into buying jerseys, but if I was his would be the one I would buy. However, I do think he's slowing down physically. I worry more right now about finding a good replacement for him than I do grooming a replacement for Romo.