1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Jay Ratliff speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,633 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Why can't it still be a strength, they haven't played a regular season down yet and Hayden has looked real good so far and Spencer is still coming back.
    Airbag and Picksix like this.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,761 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Ok so the Bengals lose Atkins, Dunlap and Stills...you think that will be the same defense?

Injuries happen. Next man up.
  3. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,405 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    sounds good in theory but the cap says it ain't happening. keyboard warriors need to look at the big picture
    with what money. you cut him and you lose money on the cap
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    This doesn't sound like someone who has any intention of playing this season, or knows his body is done playing football.
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,071 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    This is what I expected. This whole thing has smelled rotten from the beginning. I still believe there is more to this story.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,048 Messages
    3,981 Likes Received
    Rat at the kickoff luncheon... He doesn't look all that happy on his birthday.

[IMG]

Asked why he didn’t rehab with the team at Valley Ranch, Ratliff, 31, said, “Good question.”

Asked if he had an answer, Ratliff said, “I do, but I’d rather not say. Let’s just keep the focus on these guys going out there and playing and winning games. I’m not going to be here and be a distraction to anybody. I’m trying to just stay as professional as possible about the whole situation, but everyone that is involved knows what is going on.”

More: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/20...tliff-hints-at-friction-between-him-and-club/
  7. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Yea, next man up. Except the next man up are free agents and cast offs.
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,310 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Agreed on Crawford. Not so sure the other injuries are completely surprising given the average age of the starting DL is 30.
  9. mrmojo

mrmojo Active Member

764 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    I smell a legal battle of some sorts........
  10. Mansta54

9,633 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Sounds good to me. I actually like his foul attitude, everybody can't be happy. I also like his attitude, he's been helping the younger players throughout TC, he doesn't want to be a disstraction as he just stated, yes he's unhappy with something but he's still falling inline and putting the team first as he gets healthy. I don't need him to be happy, I need him to be healthy and playing. I think he's working toward that the best he can.
    Zordon likes this.
  11. Mansta54

9,633 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    They can play too, when giving a oppurtunity. Everybody can't be a high draft pick and don't need to be just to be productive. Sometimes all is needed is a chance, ask Romo.
  12. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Member

874 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Rat always seemed to lead by example and seemed a team type of player. For sure I don't know his side of the story but something changed his whole outlook on this team. A shame for sure.
  13. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Member

79 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Probably just standing up for himself. Maybe the staff wanted him on the field before Rat felt he was ready. Rat is smart to take care of his body as best he can.

Could there be some sort of an injury/rehab clause in Rat's contract that the Cowboys want to play so they can get rid of Rat without too much of a cap hit????
  14. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Yo I'm not gonna sit here and be a distraction, but let me go ahead and say some passive-aggressive crap to create a distraction.
  15. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,074 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    My prediction is this ... we are looking at a temporary issue that looks ugly right now and is sure to look uglier once the media dissects the situation to hell and back. However I believe we are going to have a good defense the 1st half of the season. I further believe that Ratliff will come back and when he does the defense will transform into great one for the home stretch making everyone forget this mess ever occurred. Just my hunch.
  16. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Member

79 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    NO WAY! Jay wants outta this Jerry circus!
  17. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

931 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    just spit dr pepper all over my keyboard laughing so hard
  18. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,436 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    something is definitely dysfunctional here--Jay, training staff, J. Jones, all of the above?
  19. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    I'll be glad when this guy is off of this team..
    Teague31 likes this.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,298 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Fantastic time for C5 Z06 I've seen C6s do that.