1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Ratliff wrecks truck, arrested for DWI **merged*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rogerthat12, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,657 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    its is starting to get comical. Jerry is on a bipolar manic phase. DT's are getting hammered then driving and wrecking their vehicles. John Garrett is run out of town because he makes Jason too comfortable. Whats next...Spears makes a play?
  2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    No that's already been tried and clubs have been shot down. The owners just gave up too much to the players (IMO) but it is what it is. If you can't cut TO (Philly) then you're aren't going to cut Rat for this.
  3. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Ouch.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Jail pretty much does nothing to rehabilitate people. They should be given a choice between treatment or jail. Treatment works for some people. Jail rarely does anything except give the illusion that the justice system is working.
  5. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Didn't that occur under a different commissioner and under a different CBA?

If he's quoting current rules then he's correct.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,146 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    He should hire you to rep him in his court case. :rolleyes:
  7. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

977 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Damn, he must have been wasted. I don't get it, he gets a FREE RIDE ANYWHERE he wants to go? How stupid is he or anyone who does this? SMH
  8. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, not quite.

Tell me about Sylvester Richardson please.

What school does he play for?
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,146 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    Probably not in Texas, but it is in some states. It's impaired driving, and its dangerous. I'd certainly prefer that he was tired, not drunk.
  10. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,651 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Some people learn by experience. It needs to happen to them before they say, uh oh, better change. Some people will never learn.
  11. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    We have a bunch of dopes on this team. Flat out stupid.
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,205 Messages
    5,702 Likes Received
    stupid on the field, stupid off the field.
  13. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sheldon Richardson is a complete knucklehead. Apparently we don't need any more of those at DT

Sylvester Williams will be 25 when the season starts.

Floyd is just as good if not better than both of the above and is only 20 years old.
  14. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I'd probably get plastered all the time playing for this team. That said, this guy is a total idiot for doing this after what happened with Brent.

All part of the process I guess. :laugh2:
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
  16. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Also, why isn't driving drunk treated more like armed robbery? You don't have the intent on killing someone just because you rob them. You're basically driving a few thousand LB weapon. How many people are getting killed because of these idiots?
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,571 Messages
    1,429 Likes Received
  18. jobberone

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    Give it a rest Count. I've already told you I've explained the CBA. Whether anyone here agrees or not is irrelevant. It is what it is. If you don't like it then petition the owners to not give away the farm the next time if that's remotely possible to roll it back some. If you persist in attacking me or others over that when I've reasonably explained the CBA is what it is and not mime or others opinion then I'm going to assume you are being antagonizing and harassing just to be spiteful.

If you want to let it go then neither one has to respond again. In fact I'm not as a member. I've adequately explained the CBA at least enough to show you can't just fire him for this behavior drunk or not, guilty or not. So you can have the last word as long as its within the guidelines.
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,205 Messages
    5,702 Likes Received
  20. jobberone

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    I don't know all the facts. Perhaps he had something in his contract that if he got another DWI then he could be cut. I don't know and I suspect you don't either. But if you have information contrary to my remarks I'm happy to review it. It will be tomorrow as I'm going to bed to watch Africa.