1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Ratliff wrecks truck, arrested for DWI **merged*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rogerthat12, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,262 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    I think most of us have had a situation where we almost fall asleep at the wheel but there is usually a reason for it... like your story above and it is usually when we were young and dumb too. That doesn't appear to be the case with Rat. I guess we will have to wait and see.
  2. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, the union will defend Ratliff to the hilt. If Rae Carruth, from the bowels of whatever prison he is currently in, filed some sort of grievance against the NFL, the NFLPA would be 100% behind him.

Regardless, releasing Ratliff was widely discussed before this happened. EVerybody knew it was a possibility. No way he should be on the Cowboys' roster next year, nor should Brent. But in Jerry Jones' circus, the more losers like this you keep around, the better.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I think you misread it.

The bowling alley in question does serve alcohol, as allowed by TABC permits.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,475 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Highway 114: 2
    Cowboys NTs: 0
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,286 Messages
    4,603 Likes Received
    Not ragging on you as I hate spelling and grammar nazis.

Just making a general observation that many times we as posters or humans will make fun of others and call them a name that questions someone's intelligence and while doing so make a mistake in spelling or grammar that could have others question our own intelligence.

For those that did not catch it....They're vs There

Again not ragging on you as I have done stuff like this before and have seen it many times by other posters when making fun of someone else's intelligence.

Heck would not be shocked if I had a typo, grammar or spelling issue in this post as well.

Oh...and we sometimes make long, drawn out run on sentences.:laugh2:
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I think it's just a terminology difference. Some states call it DWI, some call it DUI. In VA, there is no DWI, only DUI.

Looks like Texas uses both, but DUI is reserved for minors. Strange.

http://www.brentbowen.com/practice-areas/criminal-law/dui-vs-dwi-in-texas/

In Texas, there is a distinct difference between the offenses of DWI and DUI. DWI is the abbreviation for Driving While Intoxicated, while DUI is short for Driving Under the Influence. Consider the following:

DUI

Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is reserved for minors, people under 21 years of age. Under the influence is defined as any detectable amount of alcohol. Texas law has zero tolerance for minors with any detectable amount of alcohol. DUI is a class “C” misdemeanor. The maximum punishment for a Class “C” misdemeanor is a $500 fine. DUI also carries with it a driver’s license suspension when you’re arrested or when you receive the citation (ticket); there is also a separate and additional driver’s license suspension if you’re convicted. You can challenge a driver’s license suspension upon arrest through an ALR (Administrative License Review) hearing. The hearing must be requested within 15 days of arrest or citation. A police officer may request a breath test or simply issue a citation because the officer smells alcohol on the minor. A minor may refuse a breath test if arrested for DUI.

DWI

Driving While Intoxicated can apply to both minors and adults. An individual can be arrested for DWI whether they have consumed alcohol or drugs, even if the drugs are prescription drugs. Whether you take a breath test or not, you can be charged with DWI. DWI can be proven in one of three ways: (1) having a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of 0.08 or more, (2) not having your normal mental faculties, or (3) not having your normal physical faculties; due to alcohol or drugs. In Texas, DWI laws get tougher and tougher every year so it is important to consult with an attorney.
  7. bounce

bounce Active Member

718 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    There comes a point with a lot of athletes when your distraction outweighs your production, and Jay has reached it. Cut him.
  8. speedkilz88

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Notice that the Canadian fans are terrible spellers?;)
  9. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Assuming the results come in as DWI, I'd cut him. I wouldn't necessarily do so to every player who got a DWI but the timing on this is about as bad as it could get.

And, yes, assuming Hoofbite's showing us the relevant section from the current CBA, I don't see how this isn't a 'fireable' offense under those terms.
  10. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :laugh1: DERP.
  11. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Obviously this happens everywhere and all the time, so it wouldn't be fair to blow it too much out of proportion. But anyone who still believes that we've been successful in assembling a team of RKGs, that we've done something special on that dimension, is simply fooling themselves or employing wishful thinking.

Not saying we're worse than other teams. I'm saying that we're the same, and that's not good when your HC is trying to hang his hat on a culture change.
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Your're not an imbecile.. and you didn't actually cause an accident, even though you say you came close. I guess it shows how its still very dangerous to drive when you're too exhausted to function normally, even if you haven't been drinking at all.

You are, however, Canadian, so we will have to dock you a couple points there. :p:
  13. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,218 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    What are you talking aboot? :lmao2:
  14. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,733 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    Cut this moron.

Only a complete jackarse would pull a stunt like this after what happened earlier in the year. This guy is supposed to be close friends with Brent and does this? What an idiot.

IMHO you have to cut him. Not doing so would be a joke...like when they had the murderer Brent laughing it up on the sidelines.
  15. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    So long Rat.

[IMG]
  16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    I think mythbusters did an episode that showed it is actually more dangerous to drive when you are exhausted than when intoxicated (obviously degree of each would make a difference).
  17. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,218 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    Can I use that as the reason why I shouldn't be expected to make it to work until at least noon everyday?
  18. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received

I'll try and proof read it next time. But I would just like to puke out my thoughts on here, Didn't know I had to really watch my Grammar and spelling. Theres that public school education again.;)

Ô Canada!
    Terre de nos aïeux,
    Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
    Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
    Il sait porter la croix!
    Ton histoire est une épopée
    Des plus brillants exploits.
    Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
    Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
    Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
  19. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,120 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    That's cold.
  20. speedkilz88

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    There are certain words that in the original english is different than the way Americans spell. Canadians (and Brits) spell the word defense/defence for example. But I wasn't making fun of their accents.