1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jbscouting:Overrated

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 21, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    OVERRATED
    www.jbscouting.com
    These players are being overrated by the media and by some NFL teams and I just don’t see why because there are more questions than answers with this group.

WR RICARDO LOCKETTE, FORT VALLEY STATE
    Lockette has great size (6’2, 207), blazing speed (4.34), and is very explosive. So, what’s the problem? He’s a track star who has tested positive for a banned substance, been bounced around from school to school like a drunk girl at the prom, and never showed good hands or the ability to dominate at the D2 level. It is believed he could be a top 150 pick by some and I just haven’t seen anything on tape to make me believe he deserves it.

CB CORTEZ ALLEN, THE CITADEL
    Allen sure looks the part and even moves like an NFL cornerback but once the ball is snapped and he faces NFL caliber talent he struggles greatly. He gave up three touchdowns alone against Appalachian State and was burned time and time again due to mental lapses and just didn’t aggressively go for jump balls like he should. It will take time to develop him and despite that some folks have him as a top 100 pick.

QB PAT DEVLIN, DELAWARE
    The Joe Flacco comparisons started from day one and they aren’t even the same type of player. I had concerns with Devlin on tape as he didn’t have the big arm and was even inconsistent at times. After struggling at his pro day and the East-West Shrine Game I’m convinced he’s a late round caliber player and yet he’s been rated as a top 4 round pick by some.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    You would think if they were going to do an over rated list...they would have done so with players that are not small school guys that many have never heard of (by many I mean average fans).

I was thinking I was going to get names from big players from big schools or something.

Commenting on the article, not you Cowboyjoe.:cool:
  3. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    understand buddy, how did you like the youtube i put up on you when you said you wouldnt mind jerry jones streaking, :)
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I didn't get to see it...It was too late, I was doooone gone.:p: ;)
  5. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

941 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    He's a small school scout. That's his thing.
  6. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    oh ok, remember ray stevens, with ethal dont look, thats the youtube i put up, saying look out zoners here comes brain streaking :)
    couldnt resist it