1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jeff Sullivan: Not so positive take on the Ravens game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boyzmamacita, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    Even the eternally optimistic "bald head" is down on the Cowboys chances. (Excerpted from Star Mag at Zinio.com so no link).

2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why are people so obsessed with what the media thinks seriously who cares? What they say has no bearing what's gonna happen on Sunday. I got news for all these clowns in the media. This is the NFL. Upsets happen every damn week. If you don't think the Cowboys have a chance in this game you're an idiot who shouldn't be taken seriously.

It ain't like Baltimore has looked that good this season. Their defense sucks now and they rely heavily on Joe Flacco to carry them. Excuse me if I don't fear them as a football team. Hell they almost look to the friggin Chiefs. Are they really that much better than us? No they're not. Our defense is much better while their offense is currently better than ours, but I'm very confident against their crappy defense we can put some points of the board.

Tony is gonna bounce back I know that. He always does. Look at last season after the Lions loss dude played ridiculous football. 24 touchdowns and just 5 interceptions. It ain't like our offensive line was any good last year either. This guy will make these bums up front look much better than they actually are. As for the run game that should get back on track considering their pitiful run defense and defensively for us with Ratliff and Spencer likely returning we should be able to generate more pressure. All in all I like our chances.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,859 Messages
    1,026 Likes Received
    I'm excited, but have decided to temper my rather positive view as of today. It's gonna be a tough task to walk out of Baltimore with a win. Listen, I do not care how we win, if we win at all, but we need this game in a bad way.
  4. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just don’t understand why everyone is so down on Dallas’ chances. The Ravens are not as good as 4-1 and I don’t think we’re as bad a 2-2. I think both teams have some deficiencies that the opponent can easily exploit.

Also, what’s often lost in all this is that this Dallas team seems to play better – more focused – on the road than at home. Well this is a road game. Both teams should be equally worried and optimistic. Weighing one emotion over the other makes no sense.

Dallas can win this game and I think we will, simply because we’re feeling the pressure, we’re on the road, and it’s not a national-spotlight game under the lights. For whatever reason, those qualities seem to be a recipe for success for these Cowboys.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This team is better than 2-2 at the skill positions, but 1-3 in the trenches. The Ravens are not a good match up for this team. I expect the score could be close, but the Boys will take a physical beating.
  6. Boyzmamacita

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    It has nothing to do with obsession. There is information in the universe. Some people like to discuss it. Some don't.
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,470 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    Beats me most act like the media doesn't have a clue what they're talking about when it's something negative about the Cowboys but it sure ruffles their feathers. If they don't think someone in the media knows what they're talking about their opinion shouldn't bother them.
  8. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I think Dallas wins. This is the game they always seem to win. The one where no one gives them a chance. I think playing on the road helps too.
  9. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    The ravens will win this in 4th quarter. It is the signature of this group. The poor OL loses in the end.
  10. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Because the Ravens are a good team and Dallas has played awful in 3 of its 4 games. How can you not understand that?
  11. Boyzmamacita

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    Still complaining about complaining, huh?:laugh2:
  12. KJJ

11,470 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    Who started this thread? :) Everyone who contributes here complains, vents and gives their opinion. You're one of those who's affected by opinion's from those in the media. This is at least the 3rd thread you've started on Jeff Sullivan whose opinions you obviously put a lot of stock in because as you put it he's eternally optimistic about the Cowboys.

Now that he has a not so positive take on the Ravens game you're concerned and are looking for a little sunshine by a Cowboy fan base that's in deep depression over the state of the team. Good luck! LOL You won't find many at the moment who will offer anything that will lift your spirits just look around the board. Even a few of the eternal optimists here are ready to blow the team up and start from scratch. I doubt you'll find anyone in the media who has a positive take on the Cowboys right now.

Regardless of what anyone in the media says anything can happen with 12 games to play. There's plenty of games left for the Cowboys to accomplish what they set out to do but they have to start stringing wins together beginning on Sunday or they could be done by Dec. Losing every other week isn't going to keep them afloat for very long.

I expect them to go out and give it their all on Sunday because they know everyone is down on them and if they lose they're going to be up against it with the remaining schedule they have coming up. It's not going to be easy recovering from back to back losses and winning 7 of their last 11 games which would be the minimum they would have to win to make the playoffs. A loss on Sunday will end up putting the Cowboys in a position where they'll have very little room for error the final few weeks of the season.

The Cowboys could very easily turn things around with a solid performance against the Ravens and the following week over a Carolina team that's riding a 3 game losing streak. It's basically make of break on Sunday for the Cowboys. It can either be the turning point or the beginning of the end.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not information it's an opinion. Big difference sis.
  14. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,166 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    But his opinion is based off of information
  15. Boyzmamacita

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    I've posted both sides, his positive and his negative. I like sharing information and the media is one of the main sources of information. And yes, I do enjoy reading Sullivan. Why you and several others jump all over a thread every time someone posts an article or excerpt from the media is beyond me, but it's funny. So keep it up.
  16. Boyzmamacita

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    Yes it is. I like what he has to say whether I agree or not and I'll probably keep sharing tidbits from Star Mag.
  17. KJJ

11,470 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    Fans post articles and excerpts from the media daily and rarely do I comment. I've only commented a few times when a FAN has run to the board crying about some comment made by someone in the media that they interpreted as hating on the Cowboys. All you did was share an excerpt from an opinion by Jeff Sullivan who you obviously respect because he's an external optimist and I gave my opinion.

If he wasn't an external optimist you would probably spin that he's a Cowboys hater because you've done that in the past over comments made by some very well respected people in the media who weren't so optimistic about the team. Some here hang on every word written or said by some in the media when it comes to the Cowboys.

I've never been one to feel comfort or anger over something written or said about the team because it's an opinion. The Cowboys have had their issues the past few seasons so you can't expect a lot of optimism from those in the media. Even those who are normally optimistic about the team like some of the homers here are having a tough time finding anything positive to say about the Cowboys.
  18. Boyzmamacita

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    OK now you're lying.:laugh2: But it's all good. I'm done with this thread. Just don't reply to my future threads if they bother you so much.
  19. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess I'm an idiot that shouldn't be taken seriously.
  20. KJJ

11,470 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    If you think I'm lying go through my archived posts and see how many times I've responded to articles and excerpts by the media or to a comment a media member made about the Cowboys that some FAN construed as hate.

You'll find very few on a board that's saturated with articles and excerpts. You've started a lot of threads and this may be the only one I've ever responded to. If you only want to receive positive feedback to your threads make it clear. lol