1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jennifer Floyd Engel: A different read

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Cbz40, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

In my opinion she's the best writer our there.
  2. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,742 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    suggesting the "dumbed down" offense was because of carter is out of line. the entire unit showed early flashes and then abruptly fizzled out. protection was a myth. running game below average. bad routes and dropped balls aplenty. she's just another axe-grinder.
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    What is wrong with saying the offense was dumbed down? This has been reported many places. Maybe not the best word for it, simplified perhaps, not uncommon with young QBs. However, Carter obviously wasn't the sharpest guy given his recent transgressions. For some reason, he was the only player that it was bad to suggest this though.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,115 Messages
    3,139 Likes Received
    Out of morbid curiosity why do you ask this?

If 31 other teams aren't making him want to change his phone number so he can get some sleep why do we need to take a look at him?

I am an admitted Pac-10 homer and even I admit he is over rated.

Not just no, goodness no.

If we are looking for another vet QB (which I highly doubt) I would sincerely hope Akili is not on the radar screen.
  5. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,453 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Jeez, you certainly have a hell of a lot more tact than I do.
  6. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,742 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    just don't believe that quincy was THE reason the offense was simplified. yet that is the theory "little house on the prairie" gal is submitting. it's feeble. i watched that offense. lotta chinks in the armor.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Parcells said last year he cuts the offense and the field down for all young quarterbacks.