1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremiah - Ask 5: Which RB do you prefer, Ezekiel Elliott or Fournette

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Alexander, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

38,706 Messages
    23,880 Likes Received

Ask 5: Which RB do you prefer, Ezekiel Elliott or Fournette?

• By Daniel Jeremiah
    • NFL Media analyst
    • Published: Jan. 4, 2017 at 03:35 p.m.
    • Updated: Jan. 4, 2017 at 03:40 p.m.

As we enter the final week of the college football season, it's time to start focusing our attention on the 2017 NFL Draft. LSU running back Leonard Fournette is expected to be one of the marquee players in this year's draft class -- he announced his intentions to enter the draft last month. Despite an injury plagued junior season, Fournette is still viewed as one of the best players at his position to enter the draft in the last decade.

The top running back from last year's draft class just wrapped up an unbelievably successful regular season. Ezekiel Elliott led the league in rushing and earned a Pro Bowl berth in his inaugural season with the Cowboys. So, which player would NFL executives rather have on their roster, Elliott or Fournette? I reached out to five execs to find out whom they would choose. Here are their answers.

Executive 1: Fournette
    "Fournette is faster and he can hold his speed longer than Elliott. Elliott was further along as a blocker and receiver at Ohio State, but I thought Fournette made some small improvements in those areas this year."

Executive 2: Elliott
    "Zeke is more versatile and would fit in any offense. Fournette is a stronger, more violent runner but there is more uncertainty with him, mainly pass protection. By the way, look at Zeke's numbers vs. Alabama and compare them to Fournette's."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rb-do-you-prefer-ezekiel-elliott-or-fournette

CATCH17 likes this.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

36,848 Messages
    14,393 Likes Received
    I think Fournette is the best RB in this class but I do not trust that guy to stay healthy.

He looks like a 8 game a season type of RB.

Are they sure Fournette is faster and can hold his speed longer? Even if he can it's not like its a big difference than Zeke.

Also, Zeke just has elite instincts to play the RB position.

I actually think Joe Mixon is right on Fournettes heels and I trust him more to stay healthy and be better all around.

3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

33,040 Messages
    11,594 Likes Received
    Dalvin Cook should be good, btw.

4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

36,848 Messages
    14,393 Likes Received
    I like him too but right now I have him 4th.

1. Fournette

2. Mixon

3. Foreman (reminds me of a better Ajayi)

4. Cook ( I just don't know if he is physical enough to buy into him being elite) Cook needs to play for Andy Reid or go to the Eagles and play in that offense.

5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

33,040 Messages
    11,594 Likes Received
    Good RB class

slick325, dogunwo and CATCH17 like this.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Looking down on you Staff Member

67,551 Messages
    14,358 Likes Received
    Hopefully other teams feel the same way and take those RBs and while doing so pushing other good players down to us.

KevinU, Texas_Pete, VACowboy and 3 others like this.
  7. Alexander

38,706 Messages
    23,880 Likes Received
    He should be I have read some things about him having a bum shoulder that might ding him a bit in his grades.

8. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

7,719 Messages
    5,335 Likes Received
    All depends on what you are looking for. Elliott cant hit a whole faster or harder (giggity) then Fournette. Fornette with our OL and short yardage runs are practically automatic. However, Elliott himself has elite burst, and size/speed. He is also exceptionally well rounded and duarable. Another working in his favor is that he can power like a 240 pound back, and cut like a 200 pound back.

I'll say Fournette is physically better, Elliott os a better football player

VACowboy likes this.
  9. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

4,116 Messages
    2,008 Likes Received
    Depending on where he lands...he will be special! If I'm the Panthers I draft Cook and don't look back.

10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

36,560 Messages
    42,481 Likes Received
    I would only trade Ezekiel Elliott for an elite franchise QB. Nobody else. I think he's a generational talent.

11. Alexander

38,706 Messages
    23,880 Likes Received
    I was a little surprised by the number of "executives" that would still pick Fournette after seeing Elliott become the best RB to come into the league with his measure of production as a rookie since Earl Campbell and/or Eric Dickerson.

I guess they believe "anyone can run behind this line".

visionary likes this.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

36,560 Messages
    42,481 Likes Received
    Not enough consideration is given to how much of a big game player he is. That's something Fournette has yet to prove.

Texas_Pete and BoysfanfromNY like this.
  13. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

6,784 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    Where's McCaffery projected to go & what position will he play in the pros?

14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

36,848 Messages
    14,393 Likes Received
    I think McCafrey is 2nd round at best.

15. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

6,784 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    RB?

16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

36,848 Messages
    14,393 Likes Received
    Probably a Woodhead type.

yimyammer likes this.
  17. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

2,315 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received
    Just like Gurley was so much better. Ok anonymous executives

BoysfanfromNY likes this.
  18. RingOfHonor88

RingOfHonor88 Well-Known Member

4,635 Messages
    5,399 Likes Received
    I'm still not on board with the Fournette hype. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I'm not a huge fan. Not as a top 5 player at least.

19. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    4,585 Likes Received
    Not only is Zeke better than Fournette but Cook is better than him,Lsu has a pretty good oline but Fournette was non existent in 2 games against Alabama while zeke single handedly destroyed a great Alabama team in the championship.fournette also has injury concerns.

Texas_Pete likes this.
  20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

24,405 Messages
    3,050 Likes Received
    I always lean towards the player that has already done it at the NFL level. Fournette may and probably will be a very good NFL running back. Elliott has already proven himself at the pro-level.

visionary likes this.