1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jeremiah Attaochu Defensive End Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Mar 28, 2014.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Jeremiah Attaochu | Defensive End
    Team: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
    Age / DOB: (21) / 1/17/1993
    Ht / Wt: 6'3' / 235
    [IMG]
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS

Georgia Tech edge player Jeremiah Attaochu ran a forty in the 4.5 range at Friday's pro day.
    Attaochu showed off his versatility for scouts, working out as both a linebacker and defensive linemen. Attaochu tore his right hamstring during the Senior Bowl, an injury that forced him out of the combine. "I think I did great," Attaochu said. "I think I surprised myself a little bit. I had an injury. I rehabbed the injury and I was still able to run (the 40-yard dash) pretty good. I was in the 4.5s everywhere." Attaochu is Rotoworld's No. 28 overall player. Mar 28 - 9:09 PM
    Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,732 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Attaochu and Lawrence are both wild cards, to me. I see them sneaking into the first round after Ford gets taken much earlier than expected.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  3. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

598 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Can't say I disagree at all. Attaochu and Lawrence are the high athletic upside guys, more so than Crichton or Murphy. Attaochu gets rave reviews for his motor, leadership, etc. as well. One of my favorite prospects in this draft.
    Gaede likes this.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,852 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    A very interesting player. Not really sure how he would fit here in Dallas. He is too weak at POA right now to be an every down DE. I love his natural bend and pass rush skills though. Combine has him listed at 252 #'s
  6. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,782 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    guy is clearly an animal.
  7. dasander

dasander Member

134 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Too bad we switched to a 4-3, because he would be perfect in our old 3-4 defense.
    Alexander likes this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I agree, he would be a beast in a 34. I know there are some small DE's around the league but I'm not sure here. He's only 6'3", which means that he probably won't be able to put on much more weight and still maintain his agility. He does have 33" reach so that's a good thing.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,349 Messages
    1,988 Likes Received

agreed

same thing worries me about taking Dee Ford in rd 1, though he is more compactly built and stronger, he is still 6-2, 252
  10. CowboysLaw87

598 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Ford compared to Attoachu is interesting. I've said all along that Attoachu is a hair quicker-twitch, and with that extra inch and a bit more length, he's the guy I feel like can put on 8-12 lbs. over time and be the higher ceiling, every down DE.

Not that I dislike Ford, and I do believe Ford offers the better chance at an immediate impact. Both guys are better off in the 3-4 though. How often has that happened... that up to about 6 legitimate prospects were more in the mold of a 3-4 OLB? Figures...
    visionary likes this.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I don't think I agree with this. I think Attoachu, is superior in every way, to Ford as 4-3 player. Ford is better in space and is a much better fit for a 34 IMO. I think Ford would be wasted in a 43 but that's just my opinion. Ford is not very strong but Attoachu is. Ford doesn't really play well with a hand in the dirt and Attoachu does.

For us, I like Attoachu much better.
  12. CowboysLaw87

598 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    I like Attoachu better too, for the reasons I gave, but I don't think the "hand in the dirt" thing really means much. It's not whether a guy is in a 2 or 3 point stance, it's his alignment. For instance, Ware typically lined up as a "7" while in a 2-pt stance as a 3-4 OLB, while Trent Cole and Jason Babin lined up in the "9" and therefore further from harm's way in Philly's 2011-2012 defense, even though they were technically playing as DE's with their "hand in the dirt."

I understand that 3-4 OLB's have the added responsibility of playing in space, and you raise a good point that Ford is probably a better player in that regard. But when it comes to rushing the passer, it's substance over form. I generally don't care whether the guy is best in a 2 or 3 point stance, but if one of the two can only speed rush outside and the other can hold up better v. the run and can rush inside as well, that's big.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I don't really draw much from playing down or up either but the strength in the run game is critical, as you point out. I think Attoachu would be a better fit for us as well.
  14. ABQcowboyJR

2,852 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    His reach is good which will give him a chance at the next level. If you could get this guy in the third I think it would be great value.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Morning Son.
  16. ABQcowboyJR

2,852 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Been watching more tape on this guy and I'm really starting to like him. He is a much better player out of the 3-point stance IMO. He does have some problems when he lets guys get into his body, but this usually happens when he loses technique and relies on only his athletic ability. I would strongly consider taking this guy in the second.
  17. CowboysLaw87

598 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    I'd gladly use #47 on him. Bonafide RDE in our scheme, who would rush on passing downs to start.

Base DL: Crawford-McClain-Melton-Selvie

Nickel DL: Selvie-Crawford-Melton-Attoachu

Mincey, Bass, Hayden for depth. Could be better, but we'd have some pieces to work with.