1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jermey Parnell

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Nov 18, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,702 Messages
    5,859 Likes Received
    He looked decent considering that this was his 1st ever real (non-preseason) game playing OT.

IMO, he was better than Doug Free. Prior to this game Free had 48 NFL starts at OT compared Zero for Parnell.

Parnell only played football in college for 1 year and that was at DE. He has played a few snaps at TE in the past and OT in preseason; however, with regards to real (non-preseason) games, this is his 1st action at OT.

It would be great if Parnell proves to be too good to keep out of the lineup and replaces Free when Tyron Smith returns (i.e. see Austin, Miles and Williams, Roy)
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,248 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    If you mean decent, as in, he is a RT playing LT and would get beat 1 out 4 downs. THen yes he was decent. He couldn't move anyone in the run game and his footwork was horrible, not Doug Free Horrible but horrible. I will cut him slack because I think he would be a decent RT but you can see he is not a left tackel.
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    He filled in today when needed - that's what backups do. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's not get too carried away here