1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jermichael Finley, refuses pay Cut

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,332 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    “I’d have to walk for sure, meaning I couldn’t take a pay cut,” Finley told ESPN.com. “Maybe I’d restructure if it’s a deal that I like and it makes sense, but I’m not the guy that’s just going to sign anything and let anything pass. I’m not that guy. Other than that, taking a pay cut or restructuring doesn’t sound good to me at this time. I like my deal. I start training in Minneapolis tomorrow and I’m more inspired than ever to start next season off right and be the tight end I know I can be. It’s all business at the end of the day. I just love what I do.”

http://www.packersnews.com/article/...1/130228051/Finley-says-he-won-t-take-pay-cut

Now here's a threat I wouldn't mind adding. Always was my favorite TE
  2. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received
    Talented for sure, but it seems there was some friction between he and Rodgers..I dont know who's to blame there but I'm not sure if Finley would be a great fit in the locker room.
  3. Frozen700

12,332 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    Yeah, his attitude throws up red flags for sure.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,674 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    Finley has always <looked the part> of a super-star all-world TE.... the problem is he has only rarely played that way.

You'd think with Rodgers throwing the ball Finley would be putting up 1000 yards receiving a season.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,723 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    It wouldn't surprise me if both disgruntled TEs Bennett and Finley switch teams this year, Bennett going to GB as a FA and Finley going to NYG as a FA after getting released.

Or if ATL Gonzalez does retire, either Finley (assuming he gets released) or Bennett would likely be a target.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Finley has ALWAYS been overrated. It's incredible how much attention this guy gets and his BEST season is only marginally better than Bennett's only season as a starter.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    I see his point. Both sides agreed to his contract, why would he take a pay cut?
  8. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

718 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Locker room cancer. Pass
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I can't stand Finley.

His little "fin" celebration that he does just about after every catch is probably the most annoying thing I've ever seen.

The Packers wouldn't take much of a hit in talent to get Bennett even if it was only a slight reduction on the d-bag scale.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,254 Likes Received
    I see his point. It's just not a very smart thing to say publicly. Smart call is to say "I'm a team player, I'd consider anything the team needed." And then to refuse a restructure if, on consideration, it wasn't in his interest.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,556 Messages
    3,838 Likes Received
    Good scenario.
  12. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    He's too inconsistent. He's a good highlight reel player.
  13. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,457 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    So Dallas is suppose to pay him starter money to be a backup?
  14. Frozen700

12,332 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    We all love Witten...

at this point in his career, if Jermichael was to come to Dallas, and gave no reason to doubt his heart...he would take Wittens spot...

Sorry
  15. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    lol what
  16. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,719 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    :laugh2: ...no
  17. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,556 Messages
    3,838 Likes Received
    I don't know any scenarios that would create a situation where he would be here. Maybe if Witten wasn't able to play at all this coming year but we'd have to know that very soon. Basically never going to happen.
  18. Frozen700

12,332 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    oh yeah...

I forgot where I was at.
  19. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,699 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    When a team is happy with a player's production, but need cap relief, they restructure the contract. When the team isn't happy with his production, they ask him to take a pay cut.
  20. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    i have no words...

:madden:

Jermichael is false advertisement, tofu, spam, feather pillows with stems, counterfeit anything in China. All he is, is a good youtube video!!!