1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry 268TH Richest Billionaire

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Nors, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    He would easily get over a billion if he put the team up for sale. No doubt about it.

Once the new stadium is in place the Cowboys will be the most valuable franchise. If they happen to win a Super Bowl again they would pass the Redskins even without the new stadium.
  2. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,294 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    Wow. 6 billion people on this planet...that's 6,000,000,000 people.

And only 277 have more $$$ than Jerry Jones. Anyone else suddeny hate his guts? :D
  3. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    damn, i thought jerry would be higher up than that!
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Its more impressive when you consider that he made every single penny of that during his lifetime, as opposed to the heirs and heiresses that make up a good part of the list.

This is what blew my mind .... #34 H Ty Warner a billionaire five times over for coming up with Beanie Babies. Little plush toys made him $5 billion and the 34th richest human being in the world.

I wouldn't mind being the founder of Google, Sergey Brin and Larry Page either. 31 years old and $4,000,000,000 in assets.
  5. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    "We're VERY rich!!!!"
  6. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,469 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Texas A&I Baby....don't know anything about TAMUK......
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,901 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    That is what every true Javalina says.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,312 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Closer to 20 but they sell a bunch of Chinese and Taiwanese made crap at about 1000% mark up so make out like bandits. Wal-Mart is a prime example of why you dont allow communist countries to operate on free trade treaties.

Wal-Mart is facing some problems now though because communities don't want them built in their area. They are seen as a blight on nice communities. They have been forced out of a few places altogether.

Sam Walton followed an extremely legal and smart business plan. The gov't should take note though and apply the lessons learned.
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,312 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Look at Microsoft. Allen, Ballmer and of course Gates plus a large part of Jobs cash cow.

A lot of these people did things bordering on illegal as did old time money barons lik Standard Oil and the Rockefellers but its only cheating if you get caught.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received

Good stuff and I agree....but they do provide the consumers and as long as those consumers want to pay a lower price then Walmart will thrive and hurt other small town shops....however here is a link to a killer article/story about some of what Walmart does and it really is kind of dirty IMO.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

I would post the article but it is pretty long...but still a great read IMO.
  11. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,725 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    in Arkansas.
  12. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,725 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    #1 is Manchester United in English Premier League, second is the Yankees, third is the Skins and fourth is the Cowboys.

The numbers comprise of ticket sales, merchandising, league transfers and private income sources such as media contracts and advertising.

Man. United and the Yankees have their own TV contracts which inflate their revenues greatly. They do not share these revenues with their respective leagues.
  13. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Second in the NFL.