1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Brown’s family releases statement that thanks people for their prayers

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 9, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,374 Messages
    4,321 Likes Received
    The family of Jerry Brown Jr. have released the following statement, as confirmed by Cowboys writer Brandon George through Brown’s agent, Chad Wiestling:
    “The family of Jerry Brown Jr. wish to express our sincere appreciation for all of your prayers, phone calls, flowers, visits and other acts of kindness shown during the death of our son. We would also like to send our prayers out to Josh Brent and his family as well.

With kindness and love, The Family of Jerry Brown Jr.”
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ng-prayers-to-josh-brent-and-his-family.html/
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Real class mentioning Brent in their statement as well.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    God bless them! R.I.P. Jerry Brown.....
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    It sure is. If the family is behind him, so should others be.

I realize not all can, and I understand why. But holding on to old pain only makes it linger and makes it worse.

Here is a family, with new pain, and they are able to not only forgive, but also to ask for prayers for their son's best friend. Straight up classy, and I hope some people notice it.
  5. DIEHARD

DIEHARD Member

116 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes it is. I know Josh Brent. He goes to the same gym as I do when he is in the offseason here in Bloomington Illinois. He played here at Central Catholic High School and still is involved when he comes back in to town. It is very unfortunate that this might define him when in fact he is just a youg kid who made a serious mistake. Knowing his relationship with Jerry this is going to be tougher on Josh than most know. And it is nice to know that Jerry's family is there to support him.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I am glad you shared this. it shows Josh isn't only the guy with 2 DUI incidents scarring his reputation.