1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Calls Out Dez For Route Running

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DandyDon1722, Oct 18, 2011.

1. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,854 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    On 105.3 The Fan, Jerry was on talking about Dez and was very pointed in his remarks.

He has to work harder and concentrate on his routes better.

His route running is why he hasn't got the ball in the second half of games.

Finally, he said Dez's routes have been the reason for a few of the interceptions.

Other than that...
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,876 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    They must only call the plays with routes he knows in the 1st half. :rolleyes:
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,250 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    come on dez....this is year 2. Still playing like your a rookie. If you want to be elite you have to get your route understanding in order.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,152 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    Come on Dez! Run routes like you do in the 1st half!
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,214 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    will the man ever Shut the...:bang2:
  6. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,146 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Don't they say that receivers don't come in their own until year 3. He really hasn't had alot of playing time. He missed all the pre-season and almost half a season last year. This year he has been battling injuries and he just needs playing time.
  7. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,184 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    :lmao2: They cant run him on a fade, streak, slant or what ever they know he runs well in order to keep him involved? How hard is it to run a jump ball route in the red zone.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,368 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Romo hasn't trusted Dez in the second half of games. It probably stems from the pass to Dez that got picked against the Jets in the final seconds. It seems Romo has been willing to take some chances with Dez in the first half of games but because games have been tight in the second half Romo won't look his way.
  9. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,854 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    First thing I thought of too but I think it's more a trust issue in the second half as all the games have been so close.

From top to bottom, everybody is scared to death to be the one to screw up and obviously Dez increases those chances.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,496 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    Good, he needs to be called out.

Though if you notice, he pretty much immediately said, "I'm not being critical of Dez, he just has to continue to concentrate on his routes."
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,152 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    It will be year 10 of Dez Bryants career and he still won't know what to do.

All that needs to happen is Dez see ball Dez get ball.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,528 Messages
    1,846 Likes Received
    Jerry coaching from the booth.

I wish he would shut up.
  13. Skinsradiosucks

Skinsradiosucks Member

219 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some how, some way, this has to be Romo's fault. Where is Marshal Faulk when I need him??
  14. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,890 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Jerry is getting really frustrated. It seems like he his having a new "most disappointing year". First it was 2008 (which he responded to by extending Wade), then it was 2010. Seems he's plenty dissapointed already this year.
  15. Hoofbite

31,876 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    How so?

If he can be trusted enough to catch passes in the 1st quarter, he should be trusted enough to catch passes in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.

He obviously knows the route good enough to dominate for a half of football.

As far as being scared, I don't think Witten or Dez are scared at all. I think Dez would love to be the guy to get the ball late.
  16. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

841 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    It has to be frustrating for Jerry. Having having a Ferrari in the garage half of the time. Does not excuse his need to preach it to the world, however.
  17. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,890 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    This team has trust issues. Garrett doesn't trust Romo and Romo doesn't trust Dez. Maybe they need to bring in a therapist. :lmao:
  18. lcharles

lcharles Negativity King

1,799 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good for Jerry. Romo has been catching flack for INT's when some of the blame lies in poor route running. I said some, not all.

:)
  19. Hoofbite

31,876 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    Total BS from start to finish.

He doesn't run the routes correctly so we can't utilize him at the things he does well like attacking the ball in the air inside the Redzone.

This reminds me so much of the Barber / Choice situation from last year.

Choice wasn't good enough on special teams so they didn't use him as a RB. Meanwhile, Barber wasn't good as a RB and didn't even play special teams but somehow he's out there churning out 2-3 yard runs at a time.

Completely nonsensical and irrational.

If the guy has limitations, give him opportunities within those limitations. Don't just say, "to hell with you" all together.

Here's what we know, when the ball is in his hands he has the ability to make a big play. End of story.

When he's got single coverage, there's likely not a CB who will stop him from getting the ball.

Yet those two things combined weren't enough to warrant a few looks in New England inside the Redzone?

It's completely irrational.

David Buehler cannot kick FGs yet I don't see his supposed super leg talents being thrown out.

What Dez brings to the table is infinitely more valuable than what Buehler does and yet because he has some flows in running routes the team won't maximize the abilities he does have?

Get all the way the **** out of here with that BS.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,152 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received

Hoofbite... I feel your pain... But dont forget who is calling plays.

We just have to try to find a way to win inspite of the guy orchestrating our offense.