1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry improving as a GM?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reverend Conehead, Jan 7, 2013.

1. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Yes, that's my concern. If the team is really around $20 million over, you can get under, but you'll have to restructure some guys and cut a few more than likely. All of which kick dead money down the road.

I'm guessing they cut Free (designated a June 1 cut), restructure Romo, restructure Carr and sign Spencer to a long term deal.

Ratliff is the one I'm not sure about. If he's cut, you are forced into a drafting a NT early and/or signing someone to replace him.

Cutting Free means you really don't have a back up tackle on the roster.

So, you're pretty much going into next year having to address NT, T and RB because you wouldn't have depth to play the game. Then you'd be maintaining status quo at S, DE and G/C since you'd have little to no cap space.

So, instead of building the roster and getting better, you are essentially filling new holes that have been created.....or basically the same thing Dallas has been doing the last couple of years.

The only youngsters I have much hope in maybe stepping up are Crawford, Lissemore and maybe...maybe Matt Johnson.
  2. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well that explains the improvement then!
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Actually the personnel and coach have a lot to do with it.
  4. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ha ha ha!
  5. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    You don't think Jerome Henderson matters to that improvement? I absolutely think he was the best addition of the year.
  6. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's see if Jerry lets him get some safety help. What they have is next to garbage!
  7. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Oh brother. Can you even stay on one year in a discussion?
  8. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,047 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Well you're right about one thing, he doesn't know how to analyze the talent necessary to revamp.

Doesn't mean he doesn't try anyway.
  9. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope! I'm not really into moral victories. As Parcells said "you are what your record says you are." They were 8-8 either way, improved secondary or not. There's plenty of holes on this team to fill to get excited about minimal secondary improvement! I will have to say those 2 corners are pretty good to have next to no safety help this year! Can they build on it?
  10. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hos don't deceive yourself. Never forget the "socks to jocks" comment Jerry made years ago. He's still the same Jerry.

And you're right he doesn't know the talent necessary to revamp secondaries.
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,048 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    That makes him unqualified to be a GM. Last I checked, GMs make personnel decisions, and not write checks.

There's no way out of this. If he's not making personnel decisions, then he's not acting like a GM. If he's making them, then he's not doing a very good job at it.

If he's not doing it, then who is, and how are they qualified? Who's making personnel decisions?
  12. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I have no idea what this was supposed to tell me. Not a clue. It certainly has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
  13. DOUBLE WING

3,047 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    EVERYBODY! It's a process :)
  14. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Tex Schramm.

Sorry you don't know that.

Personnel decisions fall under the umbrella of Tom Ciskowski. You can try to deny that all you want, but it really just makes you look foolish.

Here you go fellas. Learn what the man does here, because you just don't know and you prove it every time you post. Rob Ryan knows.

[youtube]8DzX5CuB814[/youtube]
  15. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  16. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Back at you.
  17. DOUBLE WING

3,047 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is GM and President. Says buck stops with him. Says he's ultimate decision maker.

But.. an off the cuff comment by Rob Ryan trumps that?

God, you're embarrassing yourself here.
  18. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I really didn't think you'd watch the video. 21 minute video and no way you saw it in 12 minutes.
  19. DOUBLE WING

3,047 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    I figured it was the video where Rob Ryan is being interviewed after a game and thanks Ciskowski for some of the players on defense? I've seen the two-minute version on DC.com
  20. DOUBLE WING

3,047 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    If I'm wrong I'll watch this new one.