1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry is about to make a big mistake

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Jan 3, 2013.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Which mistake will he make?

1. Fire Garrett
    2. Knee jerk force Garrett to get OC
    3. Let it be known that he is calling shots and Garrett is on hot seat

This team physically fell apart and "contended" for division title.

Like it or not - Garrett should get a pass... Like I said, like it or not!
  2. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    no, garrett should not get a pass. this offense has been on a downward trend and hasn't scored more than 10 points in a single game this season. Opposing team's defenses have actually thanked Garrett. Making Garrett get an OC or moving on to a more experienced coach is no mistake.
  3. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Tough to say hiring an OC would be knee jerk to me.
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..big newsflash: the guy makes a 'BIG' mistake every offseason which is why his team is .500 every year.....it's just how al davis jr. rolls:rolleyes:
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    Jerry is definitely in 'divert' mode. He is master at it. I am willing to bet most of Dallas problems are directly related to how Jerry (GM) goes about his business. But you will see in the next week....he will paint somebody (certainly not himself) as source of the problem. I can see it now...Jerry in his mansion spinning a wheel in his basement for who he will blame this off-season.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    so you want to stay course:laugh2: I rather hire a good oc that can actually adjust and call plays. The reason why we suck the first half of games is because jason poorly prepares the offense and poorly designs a script to start off with. The worst part is we don't get off the script. Even if its not working we stay course. The only thing garret gives up on is the run game, even when its working:bang2: .

Our offense is stale with no creativity. Heck we can't even run a simple screen play. Garret just over-thinks too much. We seem to never attack the other teams defenses weakness. If garret is going to be head coach he needs to focus on managing the team. Him having to do both is hurting more than helping us. As a rookie headcoach calling offense and being the headcoach is too much. Heck he only been a OC before becoming a HC for what 3 and a half or 4 years.
  7. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    I doubt it's either of the three.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that you've bit off more than you can chew. Having an good OC can only help.

A great head coach doesn't haven't a great X's and O's guy. Jimmy wasn't. He just needs to be a great leader and delegator.
  8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    This is a results business. Nobody gets a pass! Garrett's been with the organization 6 years. He is part of the culture of mediocrity. Teams Lose players every year. The Texans had to at with a rookie backup QB last year. Green Bay won a SB with a huge amount of injuries. The issue isn't playing hard because in order for them to have these great 4th quarters they had to have bad 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters. People forget that. Unprepared. You are what your record is. They were 3-3 with Sean Lee. .500. Stop acting like we were rolling.
  9. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Sure if you want another 8-8 season. Gingerboy is way in over his head as HC. Should've stuck with being a OC. Not every OC can just a be HC.
  10. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,816 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    You are absolutely correct. Let's hope he doesn't do any of this.
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Garrett should get his full 3 years as head coach before any forum expert claims he is in over his head.

There was going to be.... There was "on the job training" ... Get over it!
  12. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    No kidding. Especially since the pellirojo fails miserably at adjusting his game plan on a consistent basis.

He struggled as on OC big time and "his" offense hadn't been dynamic since '07...and he wasn't the play caller then.
  13. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    He has had more than 3 years as the OC...He is failing at that job.

And he probably is over his head. If you had a RB that averaged 2 yards per carry with a decent OL ? 4+ years of witnessing it...he would be on the street or traded for a pocket of change.

It's a business. The players understand that. It's not personal.
  14. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Get over it? Perhaps you should take your own advice considering your forum name is in honor of the very man you're defending? Jason Garrett has never been a very good offensive coordinator and it showed time and time again as our offense stalled until late in the games. And he has far too many games like the Seahawks and Skins games where he either cannot or will not adjust. Forcing his hand and taking away play calling is the only decision that gives him hope of keeping the job beyond 2013 in my personal opinion.

And if you agree there was going to be on the job training, why would you want to give him even more responsibility to handle coach and coordinator/play calling?
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I bet the guy in your sig loves having the prime of his career wasted while your project coach gets his OJT.

Once again... What makes Jason Garrett more important than our players to some of you? Why don't Romo and Co. deserve a coach who is already good rather than one who we hope one day becomes good?
  16. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    I'll go with #2, but that will be a good decision.
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    4. Rehire Barry Switzer as a consultant and pseudo GM.
    :eek:
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Won't be the first or last.
  19. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    Jerry will step down as GM and make Holmgren the new GM.

Yeah right, jerry does no wrong in his eyes
  20. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,816 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Lab, I completely accept the fact that you and I see this differently, and that YOU might be proven right in the end. But one thing I want to make clear (at least for me) is that I don't think ANY coach is more important than the team. Some of us HONESTLY believe Garrett is going to mean long term success for the team. That is what I believe and that is why I want to see Jones remain patient.