1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry is about to make a big mistake

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Shatz88

Shatz88 New Member

24 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    This is exactly how I feel.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,073 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    +1

This is Jones fault. He should have never played that coaching farce with Wade. Garrett should have started sooner as HC.
  3. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    We "contended" for the division title because the whole division sucked. Not because JG did a good job.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,579 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I don't understand how ANYONE could watch this offense all year long and actually claim that getting a new offensive coordinator would be a bad idea. That makes literally no sense.

I don't care if your Garrett's mother. If you watched the football games, you could see that the offense was terrible.
  5. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,467 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    2 & 3 are essentially the same thing.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,579 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Also, I think it's hilarious that getting a new OC is a 'knee-jerk' reaction.

Pretty sure that Jerry's been plenty patient after 6 years of watching this same offense
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,281 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    But Jason just needs more time! He's instilling a winning culture here! Yes this is Jason's mom..:p:
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,073 Messages
    453 Likes Received

I saw players not execute. One play here or there and many things are different.

I see what you mean.... It depends how he goes about either one.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,579 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    You're telling me that the reason the offense is stuck in 3rd gear for 6 straight years is because the players Garrett has chosen to run his offense are so stupid and incompetent they can't get it right? So despite changing other coaches, players, scheme--our mediocrity is due to the players?

Running the clock down to 1 every snap is a player execution problem? Not being able to call plays to beat a blitz is an execution problem? Icing your own kicker? Not kicking the ball when you're in field goal range? Giving the ball to Tom Brady? Throwing to Tashard Choice before the half with nothing to gain? Botching multiple late game scenarios and enabling the other team to win? Abandoning the run when there's no need? I can go on...
  10. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Active Member

1,848 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Just curious, what are you basing your belief that Garrett will eventually be successful? What has he shown you as, OC, HC, Game manager, etc., that would indicate future success?
  11. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    It's not just his playcalling, it's his atrocious clock management/field position scenarios. Guy is completely clueless what to do in end half/game situations. He either has to pick being an OC or HC. Can't do both. Not everyone is Sean Payton
  12. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,914 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I'm not trying to be a smart alek, I promise, but I've already answered this in other threads over and over again. And truthfully, I've figured out that it can't be answered to the satisfaction of the folks who hate him. So I say, either Jones will make a mistake (in my view) and you will get to test your theory, or Jones will stay the course, and we will get to see if I'm right.
  13. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,914 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    That's because you don't understand what is wrong with the offense, and its not Garrett.
  14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,579 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I've watched the same offense that you have. I know exactly what is wrong with it. It gains yards but can't score. Folds like a cheap suit under pressure. Has players constantly confused presnap. Incurs many stupid penalties. Relies on the QB to make superhuman plays. Disorganized and confused when the game is on the line. Relies on players that have only proven to be unreliable.

Is it that players aren't good enough? If you give a coach 6 years with a unit, that should be plenty of time to collect enough good players to properly run the system that you want.

The truth is that what we have seen from the offense is what we are going to see. You can hold out hope that bringing in a pro-bowl offensive line will suddenly convince Garrett to actually run the ball, or figure out how to score points when they matter most, but the reality is that we see now IS the Garrett offense as he's designed it.
  15. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,914 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    Ok.... As I said, we will find out.
  16. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,983 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Jerry IS a big mistake. For Dallas and the game of football.
  17. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Active Member

1,848 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I don't think you are being a smart Alec if you already answered this question. There was a time I used to read every post in every thread.... Those days are no longer (especially with all the infighting in the zone).

Me personally, I tried to find reasons to believe he works be successful, but i come up short. His game management doesn't seem to be improving. His play calling doesn't seem to be getting better. The players haven't cut down on the stupid penalties (especially pre snap and deadball fouls). His mantra of process and building off of each individual improvements really never happens. Some point to the never give up 4th quarter fight the team displayed, but if you acknowledge that, you have to also acknowledge the piss poor performance in qtrs 1-3. I believe we need consistency and continuity at the HC position, but I just haven't seen anything to indicate that Garrett will be successful. That's why I asked you the question. Maybe you see something I missed.
  18. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Like Red as a head coach, think he sucks as an OC.
  19. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,452 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    They scored 18 last week. :rolleyes:
  20. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dez scored 14 the week before. lol