1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: ‘By no means have I given up on Doug Free’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Dec 4, 2012.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,150 Messages
    2,779 Likes Received
    The door was left open. ;)
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I think that's part of it, because Romo can somewhat mask the issue it's not a priority. Until he's carted off the field, the OL is doing its job. One day, when Romo is gone, people will actually realize/appreciate what he's been able to do given the inconsistent coaching and talent surrounding.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Normally, I'm in agreement with this position.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but this story seems to beg for Jerry-bashing.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,777 Messages
    5,186 Likes Received
    what happened to 'romo friendly' jerry?
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,195 Likes Received
    Really? There's a world of difference in mine.

It's pretty difficult to defend a habit of unconstructive habitual whining that interferes with genuine debate. And, for the life of me, I can't understand why posters think that behavior is not likely to be confronted.

Note, I make a very important distinction between habitual whining and valid criticism. And note that Winicki stepped into the thread to talk football. He made a joke post, and then followed it up with this:

It wasn't until Rynie justified 'hating' on Jerry Jones because of a quote that any criticism started. That back and forth wasn't the result of anything constructive. It was legitimate complaining about unsupported emotional venting.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Get driven back no more than 5 yards seems to be a request and Free actually does well in this area by frequently only allowing 4.
  7. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I think the unspoken meaning of JJ's comments were that the tackle switch was probably a mistake. Smith would be fine on either side, but Free is better on the left, and if Smith is on the left, Parnell would be better suited to play right tackle than Free. So, because he drafted Smith to be a left tackle, my expectation would be that next season Free is traded to somebody that needs a left tackle, or cut.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I don't know where Free is better suited, if anywhere.

But it would almost be worth it to get Top 5 play from Tyron at RT and go back to babysitting Free with a TE on the left.
  9. Fansince64

Fansince64 Active Member

157 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    What many of you don't get is that this is simply one of the opening shots in Jerry's master plan to prepare us for the fact he has no intention of significantly addressing our OL in the offseason. In my opinion, we will hear several points from Jerry between now and free agency/the draft:

Jerry will:

1. Tell everyone that all our problems on the OL during the season were due to injuries and missed time during training camp and during the season. Thus, there was a lack of continuity necessary for a great OL. Mini camps and a full training camp will build this continuity and restore our OL to Pro Bowl form.

2. Tell everyone that Doug Free was:
    a. Heroically fighting through a major injury all of 2012 and once he heals this offseason he will return to his end-of-2009 form

Or Alternatively

b. Using a flawed technique (see the interview in the OP for an example of this). Jerry will then tell us that as soon as he corrects this "flaw" during mini camps and training camp he will return to his end-of-2009 form (again, see the OP for confirmation of this view).

3. Tell everyone that the biggest problem with our OL during 2012 was missing our "All Pro" anchor at center for almost all of 2012. You remember Costa - our massively talented HOF caliber center. You know, the guy who made such major strides during 2011 - going from absolutely putrid to simply awful.

After this massive propaganda campaign, Jerry will then go shopping at the 3-for-a-quarter rack inside the Dollar Store during free agency and sign a couple of scrubs. Then after he drafts another scrub during rounds 5-7 of the draft he will pronounce all of our depth problems along the OL solved.

This is what I honestly expect from Jerry. I hope to high heaven I am just so jaded from Jerry's ignoring all of our OL problems in prior years that I am doing him an absolute disservice by refusing to believe that he will finally address the problem. If I am wrong and Jerry actually steps up and addresses the issues with our OL in free agency and the draft, the crow I will be served on this board will be the tastiest meal I have had in many years.

Monte
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,732 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Jerry has no business speaking about the play of a right tackle in the NFL. He should stick to lease rates for Victoria secrets and papa john commercials. He doesn't know football.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    It's annoying. Like when a kid says are we there yet every few minutes. If you can't figure that out then go somewhere and think about it for a decade or so.
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Who are "us" and "we"? I really could care less who gets annoyed and who doesn't. This is a discussion, not a one way dialogue. If you don't like it, you are free to ignore it, not reply to it, or leave.
  13. MichaelWinicki

32,150 Messages
    2,779 Likes Received
    Good point Bob.

Some could leave. ;)

But, half-joking aside, the folks that constantly, and I mean constantly pound the anti-Jerry drum aren't interested in a discussion. They just want anyone and everyone to know that Jerry sucks– if you're looking for a "model" for one-way dialog, then that's it.
  14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    It is what it is.

That's how I get through each day as a cowboys fan dealing with this man.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    considering its just about every day that Jerruh says or does something stupid, your case is weak.
  16. MichaelWinicki

32,150 Messages
    2,779 Likes Received
    I guess I don't fathom on why that's a "weak case".

If anything the folks that constantly post anti-jerry stuff, you would think would get sick of posting the comments over and over again.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Ok, then post a comment in a thread about what Jerry says that day....one thread. Then post all you want in that thread.

But is it truly necessary to post Jerry sucks in every thread of every day? Multiple times??
  18. MichaelWinicki

32,150 Messages
    2,779 Likes Received
    No, it isn't necessary.
  19. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    There you go again w/ your sage like approach and common sense, Wini.

BTW: I heard there are least 12 Jerry haters on this board who just what you are talking about.

Just sayin.
  20. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    319 Likes Received

Why are you littering this thread, saying the same thing over and over again? Mercy! Jerry said something patently egregious. It wasn't just normal Jerry Jones stupid...it was epic.

And we who LOVE the Cowboys are fed up w/it. We are going to cut him into tiny bits in this thread, whether you like it or not.

Until this team is emancipated...I'll rail upon the despot. JJ deserves mountains of scorn and derision...far more than we've dished out so far. We are just warming up.